Penn Badgley know how to act when he sees it. NS You The actor took to Twitter on Tuesday to weigh in on a viral clip that featured an obvious embarrassment Laura Ingraham and his Netflix show, saying “it has to be a bit.”
The clip caused a storm on the internet, there are many Who is the first?– minor misunderstanding between the Fox News host and the journalist Raymond Arroyo on her show, Ingraham’s Corner. In conversation about the importance of “TV that doesn’t need to wake up” (sighs), Arroyo brings up an episode of Badgley’s Netflix series, You, about measles and vaccines. Ingraham, however, believes that by “you,” Arroyo is referring to her — a classic comedy combo.
“It is called You“Arroyo shouted during the lengthy exchange.” I’ve never performed on measles,” Ingraham replied. “I’m totally giving up. We have to get out of here.” Then Arroyo actually said it to her: “It’s a show called You on Netflix, “he repeats, slow and clear.” There is a program called Laura Ingraham on Netflix? ‘ she replied, straining credibility. Wow: Abbott and Costello must be proud.
Despite Ingraham and Arroyo’s best efforts at seriously committing to their deranged remake, Badgley, who stars You like the serial killer stalking Joe, didn’t buy it. “It has to be a bit,” Badgley tweeted. Eagle-eyed Badgley supported his theory by noting Arroyo’s body language. “Dude committed, he really did it for me lol,” he wrote, “but watch how he waits for her to cut him off.” Joe or Badgley gets nothing for that matter.
Badgley — whose profile picture is a photo of Cardi since the pair expressed mutual admiration on Twitter – doubling down on his assertion that the exchange has been changed. “Definitely a bit,” he tweeted back later. He gave props to Arroyo for his promised performance, writing “His delivery was great, though.” Badgley never commented on Ingraham’s deliveries – but based on the constant smile on her face during the exchange, it clearly needed to work. However, if Arroyo wanted to stop watching TV without waking up on Fox News, perhaps Badgley would have joined the comedy circuit of 1940s – where Arroyo, and this clip, belongs.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Played the role of Princess Diana Was Fairy Tales by Kristen Stewart
– Remembering Halyna Hutchins, Rust Cinematographer killed in tragic scene
– How Edie Falco Hillary Clinton is protected above Impeachment
– NS Five favorite moments in Gwyneth Paltrow’s New Show
– Review: There No Life in Chloe Zhao’s the eternal
– NS The end of Army of Thieves (and Its Origin)
– First look at Harry Connick Jr. in Annie Live!
– From the Archives: Unearth the Private Saga of The very public marriage of the Clintons
– Want to obsess about the best of television? Sign up here to receive text messages from Still watching server or text (213) 652-6731.
– Register Newsletter “HWD Daily” on the must-read industry and the scope of the awards — along with the weekly special edition of “Awards Insider.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/11/you-star-penn-badgley-weighs-in-on-laura-ingrahams-whos-on-first-bit | You’re the weighty Penn Badgley star in Laura Ingraham’s “Who Comes First”