Week 11 of the NFL season kicks off tonight with the heat Patriots (6-4) in Atlanta to face Falcon (4-5)
*insert your favorite 28-3 joke here*
New England won six straight games against Atlanta, including that scandal Super Bowl LI. In other words, the last time the Patriots pass away in this game was November 1998, when the current Patriots started playing midfield Mac Jones is two months old. And if that doesn’t make you feel old, wait ’til you see who is new top high school football team in 2023 To be!
Please check the opt-in box to confirm that you want to sign up.
Thank you for registering!
Monitor your inbox.
An error occurred while processing your registration.
Let’s go there.
Good morning to everyone but especially…
After a few weeks of suspense, Justin Verlander are in Houston. Two-time Cy Young Award Winner sign a one-year contract with a second-year player option stay with Astros on Wednesday. He hasn’t played since Opening Day 2020 due to an elbow injury that ultimately resulted in Tommy John having surgery.
MLB writer RJ Anderson ranked Verlander as the #17 freelance agent on the market. This new agreement is an important one for someone who’s turning 40 but hasn’t pitch in over a year, write ours MLB expert Mike Axisa:
- Axisa: “By all accounts, his rehab has gone well and Verlander will be ready to hit the field in spring training. The Astros know Verlander’s doctors better than anyone and obviously. they feel comfortable re-signing him… Verlander is a future Hall of Famer and could be back to that level immediately in 2022, although Tommy John surgery comes with risks. ro, especially at the age of 39”.
- Speaking of Cy Young Award winners, there were two first-time winners last night: Brewers ‘Corbin Burnes (NL) and Robbie Ray of The Blue Jays (AL). Burnes just barely defeated Phillies‘ Zack Wheeler to become Milwaukee’s third Cy Young winner. It’s not nearly equal to Ray, who took home 29 out of 30 votes in first place. This is the fifth time the award belongs to Blue Jay.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo score a peak season 47 points above 18-23 shooting as NSHe Bucks beat Lakers, 109-102. This is only the third time a Bucks player has scored at least 45 points with a 75% shot and Giannis is now responsible for two of those three (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is responsible for the other).
- Sportsbook in New Jersey set a new US record, with $1.3 billion (yes, BILLION) stakes carried out in October. That’s a 62% increase year-on-year, as of October 2020.
And not a good morning for…
MATTHEW EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYEES KELLY
In Monday, Matthew Stafford Stafford wasn’t the only one to throw the ball wildly at Levi’s Stadium. On a night where the Rams quarterback intercepted twice, His wife, Kelly, throws a cookie at a 49ers fan.
Since then, she has apologized on Instagram, posting in part, “I’m an idiot!” and, “I know I was wrong.”
It’s not easy to see the 49ers dominating on their way to a 31-10 win, but come on! Throw cookies?! And it’s not if Kelly Stafford hasn’t had some bad football before: Her husband has played for the Lions for a decade. I’ve been to Levi’s Stadium before, and those cookies are pretty good too. What a waste for an absolutely delicious mid-game snack (not to mention an absolute classic)!
Finally, security came in and moved Mrs. Stafford and her friends to another seat. Luckily for the Staffords, The Rams have a much-needed goodbye week ahead. Hopefully they both improve their decision making.
Soccer’s top player of 2023 is… Arch Manning! 🥇
Well, 247Sports updated Ranking in 2023 and a familiar name (or at least a surname) is the top dog. That’s right, Arch Manning – son of Cooper, nephew of Peyton and Eli, grandson of Archie – officially tops the recruiting rankings.
Arch Manning was a winger at Isidore Newman School in New Orleans, the same high school that produced not only Cooper, Peyton and Eli, but also Odell Beckham Jr. His comprehensive skill set is a big reason for the leap, 247Sports recruiting analyst Gabe Brooks writes:
- Brooks: “Manning possesses the physical features that make him tall and perhaps the tallest of the midfield group. … Manning’s perception and instincts are exceptional, and his exceptional midfield pedigree means the best is yet to come for Manning’s newest midfielder to the national scene. “
Despite the top ranking, Manning is still uncommitted on where he will play College football but.
Make sure you are 100% ready for Week 11
This is the last week of the NFL’s normal schedule before we start Thanksgiving week, and we’ve got you covered with everything you could ever want to know – and more.
The first day, Let’s take a look at the playoff picture. SportsLine’s Stephen Oh summed up the numbers, and computer predicts Titans and Packers to win the 1st seed in AFC and NFC, corresponding.
That’s the one who is expected to sneak in seventh seed in NFC It was a big surprise, NFL pundit John Breech wrote:
- Barrel lock: “Wild Card 3: 49ers: The biggest winner of Week 10 is definitely the 49ers. Last week, they were predicted to finish 9th in NFC, but after a nasty win over the Rams, the computer now prefers them to take the final playoff spot in the game. San Francisco’s playoff chance is only 42.2%, and while the number isn’t too high, it’s still higher than other contenders for the position, including the Vikings (35.8%), the Eagles ( 23.9%) and the Panthers (21.7%). “
The playoff race isn’t the only one that actually ends in 10 weeks. How about MVP? Seems like every week one or two frontrunners go downhill: take Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson last week and Josh Allen previous week. Our team of NFL experts cast their own votesand this is how they see it:
- first. brave cat
- 2. Kyler Murray
- T-3. Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson
And lastly, don’t pull your hair out while putting it on fantasy squad: we have Start ‘Em & Sit’ Em for every position up and down your list. For fantasy expert Jamey Eisenberg’s Beginning of the week, turn your eyes to a guy who hasn’t even started since Week 8:
- Eisenberg: “I’m buying that one (Tassel) Tagovailoa there’s going to be a big game against the Jets. We’ve seen him thrive in favorable games this season against the Jaguars in Week 6 and the Falcons in Week 7, and he’s scored at least 25 Fantasy points in every outing. “
What we’re watching on Thursday
🏈Patriots at Falcons (+6.5), 8:20pm on FOX / NFL Network | Mac Jones looks set to lead New England to its fifth straight win.
🏀76ers at the Nuggets (-7.5), 9pm on NBA TV | Nikola Jokic got off to a great start this season and he’ll get a 76ers team without Joel Embiid (COVID-19).
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/why-astros-are-taking-a-chance-on-justin-verlander-plus-you-may-recognize-the-top-hs-football-recruit-of-2023/ Why the Astros gave Justin Verlander a chance, plus you might spot the top HS football player of 2023