CLEVELAND (WJW)– Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday for the particular Congressional main election.
This election will resolve one Democratic and one Republican candidate to seem on the November poll to fill the vacant seat in Ohio’s Eleventh Congressional District. It was beforehand held by Marcia Fudge who’s now the Secretary of Housing and City Improvement within the Biden administration.
The Eleventh Congressional District encompasses elements of Cuyahoga and Summit counties. Test the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections and the Summit County Board of Elections web sites to search out out in case you are eligible to vote on this main and to find your polling place.
These voting by mail who didn’t already take their accomplished poll to publish workplace should ship it in-person to the board of elections by 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Martin Alexander: Alexander is an legal professional. He attended Harvard Legislation Faculty and New York College.
- John E. Barnes Jr.: Barnes was a member of the Ohio Home of Representatives from 1999 to 2002 and 2011 to 2018. He is a local of Cleveland and has his grasp’s from Case Western Reserve College.
- James Jerome Bell: Bell was the CEO of the Bell Basis for Social Change, the group engagement supervisor at Dream Crew Realty and is the founding father of the Black Renaissance Males Initiative.
- Shontel Brown: Brown is the chair of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Celebration and a member of Cuyahoga County Council. Beforehand, she served on Warrensville Heights Metropolis Council.
- Seth J. Corey: Corey is a pediatric oncologist on the Cleveland Clinic. He graduated from Yale Faculty, and bought his medical diploma and his grasp’s in public well being from Tulane.
- Jeff Johnson: Johnson was a Ohio State Senator for 9 years and a Cleveland Metropolis Councilmember for 14 years. He is at the moment the administrator for Cleveland Housing Court docket.
- Will Knight: Knight has renovated homes as a part of the household enterprise. For the previous three years, he is been an advocate for his wrestling teammates of their lawsuit towards the Ohio State College.
- Pamela M. Pinkney: Pinkney is a preacher and activist. She ran for president. She additionally wrote a e-book referred to as, “Select Life! The Rev. Pamela M. Pinkney Butts Story.”
- Isaac Powell: Powell is a frequent political candidate, with unsuccessful runs for Ohio Home and Cuyahoga County Council.
- Lateek Shabazz: Shabazz says he desires to be an advocate for the poor and is in favor of accelerating the minimal wage.
- Tariq Ok. Shabazz: Shabazz enlisted within the U.S. Navy in 2014. He has a level from American Army college and a grasp’s in public coverage from the American Public College System.
- Shirley Smith: Smith served within the Ohio Home of Representatives from 1999 to 2007 and the Ohio State Senate from 2007 to 2014. She attended Cleveland State College.
- Nina Turner: Turner was an Ohio State Senate from 2008 to 2014. She ran for Ohio Secretary of State, however misplaced. She was the nationwide co-chair of Bernie Sander’s presidential marketing campaign in 2020 and was an affiliate professor at Cuyahoga Group Faculty.
- Laverne Gore: Gore is a group activist, the chief director of the Ohio Variety Coalition and a frequent political candidate. She has grasp’s levels from Cleveland State College and Northeast Ohio Medical College.
- Felicia Washington: Washington has beforehand run for workplace as a Democrat. She describes herself as a, “Jane of all trades.”
https://fox8.com/information/what-to-know-about-the-special-primary-election-for-ohios-Eleventh-congressional-district/ | What to know concerning the particular main election for Ohio's Eleventh Congressional District