Conor McGregor is popping out of retirement (once more) to face off in opposition to Dustin Poirier (once more) at UFC 257.
McGregor (22-4) first met Poirier (26-6-1) within the Octagon in 2014, securing a first-round TKO to enhance his file to 16-2 on the time. That stated, this will likely be McGregor’s first struggle in over a yr after securing a TKO victory over Donald Cerrone on Jan. 18, 2020. Previous to that, his final UFC match got here two years earlier: a defeat by way of submission to Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018. Will that relative day without work have any impact on the struggle?
Poirier has been barely extra lively just lately, going 2-1 in his final three fights in 2019 and ’20. Curiously, his solely loss — and second-to-last struggle — was additionally a defeat to Nurmagomedov, additionally by way of submission.
Talking of which: There is a slim probability Nurmagomedov may come out of retirement if he sees “one thing spectacular” out of McGregor or Poirier of their rematch. One thing to contemplate because the fighters face off for the second time within the Octagon.
In all, 11 fights will happen earlier than McGregor and Poirier face off of their rematch. With that, here is all the pieces you might want to know to observe McGregor vs. Poirier 2, in addition to the remainder of the UFC 257 card:
What channel is UFC 257 on tonight?
UFC 257 will likely be cut up into early prelims, prelims and the principle card. All three levels of the struggle could be seen on ESPN+ and, within the case of the preliminaries, ESPN.
- UFC 257 early prelims TV channel: ESPN+
- UFC 257 prelims TV channel: ESPN, ESPN+
- UFC 257 major card channel: ESPN+
In Canada, the early prelims are on UFC Battle Go, the prelims are on TSN and RDS, and the principle card PPV could be ordered by way of main cable suppliers and UFC PPV on UFC Battle Go.
What time does Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 2 begin?
Every stage of the McGregor-Poirier struggle card has a number of fights, so it is unsure when precisely the 2 fighters will start their ring walks. The early preliminaries, which begin at 7 p.m. ET, have two fights; the prelims, which begin at 8 p.m. ET, have 4; the principle card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET, has 5 (not together with McGregor vs. Poirier). With that in thoughts, it is possible the 2 will not start their rematch until midnight or later.
Listed here are the beginning occasions for the early prelims, preliminaries and major card at UFC 257:
- Date: Saturday, Jan. 23
- Early prelims: 7 p.m. ET
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET
- Predominant card: 10 p.m. ET
- Stay stream: ESPN+
How a lot does UFC 257 price on PPV?
The primary card is accessible to stream on ESPN+ for the pay-per-view price of $69.99 for present subscribers. ESPN is also offering a bundle of $89.98 for brand spanking new subscribers, which incorporates the struggle and a yr’s subscription to the streaming service — a financial savings provide of 30 %.
Earlier fights can be found free of charge on ESPN+ although, within the case of the early prelims, followers will want entry to UFC Battle Go. The preliminaries will even be out there on ESPN.
UFC 257 struggle card
- Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier (light-weight)
- Dan Hooker vs. Michael Chandler (light-weight)
- Jessica Eye vs. Joanne Calderwood (girls’s flyweight)
- Matt Frevola vs. Ottman Azaitar (light-weight)
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Ribas (girls’s strawweight)
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Makhmud Muradov (middleweight)
- Nasrat Haqparast vs. Arman Tsarukyan (light-weight)
- Brad Tavares vs. Antonio Carlos Junior (middleweight)
- Julianna Pena vs. Sara McMann (girls’s bantamweight)
- Khalil Rountree Jr vs. Marcin Prachnio (mild heavyweight)
- Movsar Evloev vs. Nik Lentz (catchweight)
- Amir Albazi vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov (flyweight)