6 min learn
- Mexico ranks eleventh in inhabitants worldwide.
- We’re a complete of 126,014,024 individuals.
- 51.2% are girls and 48.8% males.
- The state of Mexico is essentially the most populated federal entity with 16 million inhabitants, whereas Colima is the least populated, with 731, 391 inhabitants.
The Nationwide Institute of Statistics and Geography (Inegi) launched the outcomes of the 2020 Inhabitants and Housing Census akin to the 2020 Inhabitants and Housing Census, which was carried out from March 2 to 27, 2020. Listed below are the outcomes.
- The entire inhabitants in Mexico is 126,014,024 inhabitants. Of those, 64 540 634 are girls (51.2%) and 61 473 390 are males (48.8%). Mexico ranks eleventh in inhabitants worldwide, under Japan and above Ethiopia and stays in the identical place in comparison with 2010.
- Concerning the distribution of the inhabitants by federal entity, essentially the most populated entities are the state of Mexico, with nearly 17 million inhabitants, Mexico Metropolis, the place 9.2 million individuals reside, and Jalisco with 8.3 million individuals. In distinction, Campeche, Baja California Sur and Colima are the entities with the least inhabitants, with quantities of 928,000, 798,000 and 731,000 individuals respectively.
- The nation has been observing a gradual getting older course of, though it’s nonetheless younger, that is mirrored within the median age, which went from 26 to 29 years within the final decade, that’s, in 2020, half of the inhabitants is 29 years outdated or youthful. The getting older course of can be evident within the inhabitants pyramid, which tends to cut back its base, whereas it continues to widen each within the heart and within the higher half, which signifies that the proportion of women, boys and adolescents has decreased and the proportion of adults and older adults has elevated.
The inhabitants born in a foreign country and residing in Mexican territory quantities to 1,212,252 individuals, of which 797,266 (65.8%) had been born in america of America. Then again, within the final 5 years 550,085 individuals got here to reside in Mexico from different nations, primarily from america, Venezuela and Colombia.
The 2020 Census information point out that within the nation there are 20,838,108 individuals with some limitation, incapacity or psychological downside or situation, which characterize 16.5% of the inhabitants. Of those, 13,934,448 (11.1%) are individuals with some sort of limitation, 6,179,890 (4.9%) are individuals with disabilities and 1,590,583 (1.3%) have some psychological downside or situation.
From 2000 to 2020, the inhabitants aged 15 and over who can not learn or write an errand has dropped by nearly 1.5 million individuals. Particularly, 5.4 million individuals with this attribute had been registered in 2010 and there are at the moment 4,456,431, representing 4.7% of the inhabitants aged 15 years and over.
For its half, the common education of the inhabitants aged 15 years and over continues to extend, in keeping with the outcomes of the Census, in 2020 it’s 9.7 years, one yr greater than that reported in 2010, that is equal to little greater than highschool completed.
Based on the outcomes of the 2020 Census, 62 out of each 100 individuals aged 12 and over are economically lively. The financial participation fee is 75.8 for males and 49.0 for ladies.
The 2020 Census reveals that in Mexico there are 37,891,261 individuals aged 12 and over who should not economically lively, of those, 43.9% are engaged in family chores, 34.7% are college students, 9.0% are retired or pensioners and three.6% current a bodily or psychological limitation that stops them from working.
Based on the outcomes, out of each 100 individuals aged 12 and over, 35.4 are married, 34.2 are single, 18.3 stay in frequent regulation and the remaining are separated, divorced or widowed. The proportion of the married inhabitants had a lower of 5.1 proportion factors, whereas the share of the inhabitants in frequent regulation union elevated by 3.9 proportion factors in comparison with 2010.
The Inhabitants and Housing Census 2020 permits to know some cultural traits of the inhabitants, the census questionnaire included a query about faith and thru the usage of this it’s recognized that in Mexico 77.7% of the inhabitants declares themselves Catholic, 11.2% declares themselves Protestant or evangelical Christian, 0.2% declare one other faith, 2.5% declare themselves a believer with out having a spiritual affiliation and eight.1% declare themselves with out faith.
Concerning the quantity of inhabited personal properties, within the final decade there was a rise of 6.6 million, going from 28.6 to 35.2 million, which represents a median annual development fee of two.2% within the interval. A median of three.6 individuals reside in every personal dwelling, a median that has been reducing over the past twenty years, presenting a price of 4.4 in 2000 and three.9 in 2010.
Of each 100 inhabited personal properties, 96.2 have a cement ground or another masking and solely 3.5 have a mud ground; 96.3 has piped water. Likewise, the 2020 Census displays that 91.1% of inhabited personal properties have a tv, 87.6% a fridge, 87.5% a cellphone, 72.8% a washer, 52.1% have web, 46.5% have their very own automobile or truck, 37.6% have a pc, laptop computer or pill and 37.5% have a set phone line.
43.3% of the properties have pay tv service, 18.8% have pay-TV films, music or movies or on-line and 11.5% have a online game console.
The outcomes of the 2020 Inhabitants and Housing Census may be consulted on the web, on the Inegi web site http://censo2020.mx/