Virgil Abloh, Louis Vuitton’s artistic director of menswear and creator of luxury fashion label Off-White, has died. He is 41 years old.
Abloh has been battling cancer for the past few years, LVMH announced Sunday.
“We are all shocked by this terrible news. Virgil is not only a genius designer, a visionary, he is also a man with a beautiful soul and great intellect,” said Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH. An announcement. “The LVMH family joins me in this moment of great grief, and we are all thinking of his loved ones following the death of their husband, father, brother or friend.”
Abloh first joined Louis Vuitton in March 2018. As VF noted in a designer profile that year, he was “the first black person in Louis Vuitton’s 164-year history to launch a menswear line.”
In 2019, Abloh was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called angiomas. According to a statement posted on her Instagram account, the designer has chosen to “endure her battle in private”, choosing to undergo “multiple challenging treatments” while continuing her work. with different organisations.
Abloh survived with his wife Shannon, kids Lowe and Gray, sister Edwina, and parents Nee and Eunice.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Architect Zaha Hadid’s Rising Dreams in the desert
– Collector or Thief? Inside Queen Mary’s Royal Collection
– Princess Charlene’s Medical Saga Has become more complicated
– 47 Best Early Amazons Black Friday 2021 Deals to Shop Now
– Iman on Life with David Bowie and A Celebration of Her Love in Perfume
– Taylor Swift, “Unsolicited Mess” and Asphyxiation by Girlboss Anachronisms
– Good Newsletter exit strategy It’s hard to find
– Britney Spears celebrates End of conservation responsibility
– 44 items to shop for prepare for Gucci house
– From the Repository: L’Affaire Kardashian
– Registration for “Purchase line“To receive curated fashion, book, and beauty listings in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/11/virgil-abloh-louis-vuitton-artistic-director-dies-at-41 Virgil Abloh, Artistic Director of Louis Vuitton, dies aged 41