In the primary occasion of UFC 268 on Nov. 6, bitter rivals Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington will battle for Usman’s welterweight championship for a second time. That battle just isn’t the one championship rematch set for the occasion, with Rose Namajunas defending the ladies’s strawweight title in opposition to Weili Zhang, the lady Namajunas knocked out to win the title for a second time in her profession.
Usman and Covington placed on an all-out struggle in December 2019, with Usman scoring a late TKO after breaking Covington’s jaw. Covington has gone so far as to counsel there was a conspiracy in opposition to him within the first assembly. Whereas Usman has gone on to attain wins over Jorge Masvidal (twice) and Gilbert Burns, Covington solely picked up one win since shedding to Usman, stopping former champion Tyron Woodley.
Cannot get sufficient boxing and MMA? Get the newest on the earth of fight sports activities from two of the most effective within the enterprise. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the most effective evaluation and in-depth information.
This card additionally contains a fan favourite within the light-weight division. An action-packed brawl is predicted when former interim light-weight champion Justin Gaethje battles former Bellator light-weight champion Michael Chandler. Gaethje has been idle since his defeat by the hands of Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2020. Previous to that, “The Spotlight” rattled off 4 straight victories, all by knockout. Chandler, in the meantime, made a thunderous debut to UFC with a first-round knockout of Dan Hooker. He practically earned the total light-weight crown when he met Charles Oliveira in Could when he damage Oliveira unhealthy in Spherical 1, however the Brazilian rallied in Spherical 2 to earn the stoppage and declare the title. Now, each males look to maneuver one step nearer to a different alternative at gold.
Beneath is the newest introduced battle card with some rumored bouts included. Odds are through Caesars Sportsbook.
UFC 268 battle card, odds
- Kamaru Usman (c) -280 vs. Colby Covington +230, welterweight championship
- Rose Namajunas (c) -120 vs. Weili Zhang +100, ladies’s strawweight championship
- Justin Gaethje -180 vs. Michael Chandler +155, light-weight
- Marlon Vera -160 vs. Frankie Edgar +135, bantamweight
- Alex Pereira vs. Andreas Michailids, middleweight
- Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Inexperienced, light-weight
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo, featherweight
- Nassourdine Imavov -160 vs. Edmen Shahbazyan +135, middleweight
- Jordan Williams vs. Ian Garry, welterweight
- Gian Villante vs. Chris Barnett, heavyweight
- Aleksa Camur vs. John Allan, mild heavyweight
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. TJ Laramie, featherweight
- CJ Vergara vs. Ode Osbourne, flyweight
UFC 268 information
- Date: Nov. 6
- Location: Madison Sq. Backyard — New York Metropolis, New York
- Begin time: 10 p.m. ET (Foremost card)
- Tips on how to watch: ESPN+
https://www.cbssports.com/mma/information/ufc-268-kamaru-usman-vs-colby-covington-2-fight-card-date-odds-rumors-location-complete-guide/ | UFC 268 — Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington 2: Struggle card, date, odds, rumors, location, full information