UFC 266 — Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega: Fight card, date, rumors, odds, location, complete guide
UFC is ready to return to PPV on Sept. 25 with a trio of huge fights topping the marquee. UFC 266 will go down contained in the T-Cellular Enviornment in Las Vegas because the fruits of this yr’s Worldwide Struggle Week and see featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski put his title on the road in opposition to high contender Brian Ortega. The 2 had been coaches on the most recent season of “The Final Fighter” and had been beforehand anticipated to fulfill in March, however Volkanovski was compelled to withdraw from the assembly after contracting COVID-19.
Volkanovski received the featherweight title from Max Holloway in December 2019 and efficiently defended it when he took a controversial break up determination within the rematch. He’s presently using a 19-fight profitable streak. Ortega was sidelined after dropping a title match in opposition to Holloway in December 2018 however returned this previous October to select up a formidable win over Chan Sung Jung, punching his ticket to a title shot.
Cannot get sufficient boxing and MMA? Get the most recent on the planet of fight sports activities from two of the perfect within the enterprise. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the perfect evaluation and in-depth information.
The night time additionally options the return of ladies’s flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko when she takes on high contender Lauren Murphy within the co-main occasion. Shevchenko has been practically unstoppable since transferring right down to flyweight with dominant victories in her final seven appearances since 2018. Plus, fan favorites Nick Diaz and Robbie Lawler meet in a featured contest at welterweight that marks Diaz’s first Octagon look in over six years. The 2 beforehand met all the way in which again in 2004 with Diaz scoring a second-round knockout.
Here is a take a look at the anticipated battle card for Las Vegas with the most recent odds from Caesars Sportsbook.
UFC 266 battle card, odds
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) -160 vs. Brian Ortega +135, featherweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) -1400 vs. Lauren Murphy +800, ladies’s flyweight championship
- Robbie Lawler -110 vs. Nick Diaz -110, welterweights
- Curtis Blaydes -310 vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik +250, heavyweights
- Jessica Andrade -280 vs. Cynthia Calvillo +230, ladies’s flyweights
- Merab Dvalishvili -260 vs. Marlon Moraes +210, bantamweights
- Dan Hooker -165 vs. Nasrat Haqparast +140, lightweights
- Chris Daukaus -195 vs. Shamil Abdurakimov +165, heavyweights
- Talia Santos -370 vs. Roxanne Modafferi +290, ladies’s flyweights
- Uros Medic -125 vs. Jalin Turner +105, lightweights
- Manon Fiorot -270 vs. Mayra Bueno Silva +220, ladies’s flyweights
- Karl Roberson -115 vs. Nick Maximov -105, middleweights
- Matthew Semelsberger -420 vs. Martin Sano +330, welterweights
- Omar Morales -150 vs. Jonathan Pearce +125, lightweights
UFC 266 information
- Date: Sept. 25
- Location: T-Cellular Enviornment — Las Vegas, Nevada
- Begin time: 10 p.m. ET (Major card) | 8 p.m. ET (prelims)
- Find out how to watch: ESPN+ PPV | ESPN Information (prelims)
https://www.cbssports.com/mma/information/ufc-266-alexander-volkanovski-vs-brian-ortega-fight-card-date-rumors-odds-location-complete-guide/ | UFC 266 — Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega: Struggle card, date, rumors, odds, location, full information