UFC 266 — Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega: Fight card, date, odds, location, rumors, complete guide
The highest of the UFC 266 combat card is loaded, with two title fights and the return of one of many sport’s hottest fighters for a rematch 17 years within the making. The occasion is headlined by a conflict of coaches from the present season of “The Final Fighter”, as Alexander Volkanovski defends the featherweight championship towards Brian Ortega.
Volkanovski gained the featherweight title from Max Holloway in December 2019 and efficiently defended it when he took a controversial cut up resolution within the rematch. He’s presently driving a 19-fight successful streak. Ortega was sidelined after shedding a title match towards Holloway in December 2018 however returned this previous October to choose up a powerful win over Chan Sung Jung, punching his ticket to a title shot.
Cannot get sufficient boxing and MMA? Get the most recent on this planet of fight sports activities from two of the most effective within the enterprise. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the most effective evaluation and in-depth information.
Within the co-main occasion, Valentina Shevchenko seems to be to proceed her run as probably the most dominant champions within the UFC when she defends the flyweight championship towards Lauren Murphy. Shevchenko’s solely UFC losses have come towards Amanda Nunes and she or he has 5 profitable title defenses. Murphy will obtain her first title shot contained in the UFC after happening a five-fight successful streak.
Additionally of observe, Nick Diaz will return to motion for the primary time since 2015 when he faces fellow fan-favorite Robbie Lawler. Diaz was hit with a heavy suspension for failing a drug check for the presence of marijuana metabolites after his bout with Anderson Silva, however a return to the Octagon has been long-anticipated. Lawler is on a four-fight shedding skid however stays a well-liked attraction. The pair met in 2004, with Diaz scoring a knockout at UFC 47 in a terrific combat.
Here is a take a look at the anticipated combat card for Las Vegas with the most recent odds from Caesars Sportsbook.
UFC 266 combat card, odds
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) -180 vs. Brian Ortega +155, featherweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) -800 vs. Lauren Murphy +550, ladies’s flyweight championship
- Robbie Lawler -125 vs. Nick Diaz +105, welterweight
- Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishvili, bantamweight
- Curtis Blaydes -270 vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik +220, heavyweight
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Sarah Alpar, ladies’s flyweight
- Jalin Turner vs. Uros Medic, light-weight
- Jessica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo, ladies’s flyweight
- Tatiana Suarez vs. Roxanne Modafferi, ladies’s flyweight
UFC 266 information
- Date: Sept. 25
- Location: T-Cellular Area — Las Vegas, Nevada
- Begin time: 10 p.m. ET (Essential card)
- How you can watch: ESPN+ PPV
https://www.cbssports.com/mma/information/ufc-266-alexander-volkanovski-vs-brian-ortega-fight-card-date-odds-location-rumors-complete-guide/ | UFC 266 — Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega: Struggle card, date, odds, location, rumors, full information