From elsewhere on NRO:
Editors: Joe Biden’s Abortion Extremism
Editors: Andrew Cuomo’s Shame
Benjamin Watson: Pro-Justice Means Pro-Life
1. Mary Hallan FioRito: Remembering the legacy of pro-life pioneer Joseph Scheidler
The tradition of life is the heritage that Christians need to share with everybody. Each human life, distinctive and unrepeatable, is priceless. This should be courageously proclaimed ever anew by way of phrase and motion.
— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) January 29, 2021
4. Charlie Camosy: Open Letter to Pope Francis on Prenatal Justice
5. Mary Eberstadt: President Biden, Speak to the March for Life [He did the opposite and rescinded the Mexico City Policy]
6. Ed Mechmann: Abortion and the Corruption of Law
However it’s within the human coronary heart the place the best conflicts over abortion come up, each inside itself and in its relationship with others.
These conflicts create a void, an absence of affection, which severs the ethical, emotional, and psychological ties connecting human beings to 1 one other together with their unborn kids. Alienation, estrangement, guilt, a way of loss, and loneliness are the consequence. On this very private, personal realm, literature typically supplies better illumination than polemics.
10. Naomi Schaefer Riley: What lessons can the child welfare system take from the COVID-19 pandemic?
11. Knights of Columbus: Latest Marist Poll on “Americans’ Opinions on Abortion” finds most Americans still agreeing that abortion in the United States should be limited and that tax dollars should not go to fund abortions.
13. The Institute for Professional-Life Development: The Pro-Life Support & Nuanced Abortion Views of Millennials and Gen Z
14. Serena Sigillito: The Feminist Movement Before and After Abortion
15. In America: Joe Biden’s missed opportunity on abortion
— Michael Put on (@MichaelRWear) January 22, 2021
18. Anthony Fauci to WHO:
And it will likely be our coverage to help ladies’s and ladies’ sexual and reproductive well being and reproductive rights in the USA, in addition to globally. To that finish, President Biden shall be revoking the Mexico Metropolis Coverage within the coming days, as a part of his broader dedication to guard ladies’s well being and advance gender equality at residence and world wide.
19. San Francisco archbishop responds to Pelosi: ‘No Catholic in good conscience can favor abortion’
20. Helen Alvare: Catholic Church Is Correct in Not Letting Abortion Issue Slide
21. Fr. Raymond de Souza: Archbishop Gomez Rock-Solid in His Inauguration Day Message
22. George Weigel: President Biden and a Catholic inflection point
In lieu of marching this 12 months, the friars of the Home of Research are spending the day earlier than the Blessed Sacrament, storming heaven with prayer for an finish to abortion, for moms and households mourning their loss, and for the worldwide protection of life. #WhyWeMarch pic.twitter.com/fSnRGJuQ3W
— Fr. Aquinas Guilbeau, OP (@FrAquinasOP) January 29, 2021
25. Rereading John Paul II’s Evangelium Vitae