Houston @ Tennessee
Current record: Houston 1-8; Tennessee 8-2
What to know
The Tennessee Titans won both of their games against the Houston Texans last season (42-36 and 41-38) and are aiming for a similar result Sunday. Tennessee and Houston will go head-to-head in the AFC South battle at 1 p.m. ET at Nissan Stadium. If the competition is anything like the Titans’ 41-38 win from their previous meeting in January, the scorers will be really busy.
Tennessee was knocked out by the New Orleans Saints by less than one goal, winning 23-21. Kudo to the odds providers for correctly predicting both the winner and the close. Tennessee QB Ryan Tannehill was wearing it as he passed a TD and 213 yards in 27 attempts in addition to punching in a hasty grounding. Tannehill finished with a passerby rating of 148.90.
Tennessee’s defense was also present, having overcome New Orleans’ attack to steal QB four times with a total of 22 yards. Led by DE Jeffery Simmons and his two sacks. Simmons currently has 7.5 sacks this year.
Meanwhile, the Texas team made a comeback against the Miami Dolphins two weeks ago, with a score of 17-9. One thing that works a little bit better than Houston is the run-of-the-mill run of their most targeted comeback, RB Phillip Lindsay, who dashed for 28 yards on eight gills.
Special teams are responsible for all team scores. KY Ka’imi Fairbairn offers a perfect 3 against 3 game.
This next game looks promising for the Titans, who are backed with a full 10.5. Those burned by picking them up against last week’s spread may want to note that the team hasn’t beaten back games to the spread this season.
Tennessee’s win lifted them to 8-2 while Houston’s defeat brought them down 1-8. The Texans have caused 5 innings against Miami, so Tennessee will need to take particularly good care of the ball.
How to watch
- When: Sunday at 1pm ET
- Where: Nissan Stadium – Nashville, Tennessee
- TV: CBS
- Streaming online: fuboTV (Free trial. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Monitor: CBS Sports App
- Fare: $40.00
The Titans are a big team 10.5 points favorite over the Texans, according to the latest information NFL Odds.
Bookmakers matched the betting community on this match, as the game opened with a 10.5-point spread and was right there.
Top / Bottom: -110
Tennessee and Houston both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- January 3, 2021 – Tennessee 41 vs Houston 38
- October 18, 2020 – Tennessee 42 vs Houston 36
- December 29, 2019 – Tennessee 35 vs Houston 14
- December 15, 2019 – Houston 24 vs. Tennessee 21
- November 26, 2018 – Houston 34 vs Tennessee 17
- September 16, 2018 – Tennessee 20 vs Houston 17
- December 3, 2017 – Tennessee 24 vs Houston 13
- October 1, 2017 – Houston 57 vs Tennessee 14
- January 1, 2017 – Tennessee 24 vs Houston 17
- October 2, 2016 – Houston 27 vs Tennessee 20
- December 27, 2015 – Houston 34 vs Tennessee 6
- November 1, 2015 – Houston 20 vs. Tennessee 6
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-vs-texans-how-to-watch-live-stream-tv-channel-nfl-start-time-26663054/ Titans vs. Texans: How to watch live streams, TV channels, NFL start times