Entertainment

“There Was No Hoax”: In Testimony, Jussie Smollett Denies The 2019 Attack Was Staged

Jussie Smollett, the previous one Empire The actor, accused of orchestrating crimes against himself and making false statements to the police, came forward to defend himself on Monday. The 39-year-old has been charged with six counts of disorderly conduct, which he has vehemently denied in court. “No trick,” Smollett stated in his testimony.

In January 2019, Smollett told police he was the victim of a homophobic and racist attack while walking through a Chicago neighborhood. Authorities said Smollett told them that two masked men shouted racist and homophobic slurs at him before the attack, wearing a noose around his neck and pour bleach on him.

Elements of his story were called into question and the actor was indicted in March 2019 on 16 counts of disruptive conduct, which were eventually dropped. (At the time, the Cook State Attorney’s Office said in a statement, “After considering all the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett’s volunteering in the community and his agreement to waive his ties to the City of Chicago, we believe that This outcome is a fair settlement and appropriate settlement of the case. ) However, Smollett did again accused of disorderly conduct in February 2020 after a special prosecutor “concluded that further prosecution of Jussie Smollett was ‘in the interest of justice,'” quote “The far-reaching nature of Mr. Smollett’s false police reports.” A grand jury was tasked with determining whether Smollett planned the attack; his test started last week.

Smollett’s testimony mainly deals with the statements of key witnesses and brothers Abimbola Osundairo and Olabinjo Osundairo, Who testified last week that the defendant led the pair through an “escape” of the alleged hate crime the day before it was intended to happen. “He wanted me to do somersaults and throw him to the ground and give him a bruise while my brother Ola would pour bleach on him and wrap rope around him, and then we would give up. run,” Abimbola testified, as reported. New York Times.

Abimbola also pointed to a text message he allegedly received from Smollett asking for his support to be “at a low level” in the days before the attack, which Abimbola said led to an attack. talk about the plan of the aforementioned incident. Follow Related pressSmollett testified that the text referred to the purchase of an herbal steroid that Abimbola had offered to bring him from Nigeria, as it is illegal in the United States. When asked if he would hire the man for a hate crime staging, Smollett replied: “Totally untrue, 100% untrue.”

Smollett testified that the $3,500 payment he made to the brothers, who also worked above Empire the set, for an exercise plan — not a staged hate crime. “My character is a superstar, a pop star, a beloved GQ anything,” “Smollett” tell the court for his long term Empire protagonist. “It’s very important that I look like Black Cary Grant, not defeated.” Smollett further testified that Abimbola had offered to serve as his personal security after he received a “hate letter” at the Chicago studio, where Empire filming. Smollett said he received the letter just seven days before the attack happened.

Smollett investigated the origins of his relationship with the Osundairo brothers, testifying that he and Abimbola had taken cocaine together and had sex. According to Smollett, he and Abimbola went to a bathhouse in Chicago, where they “used more drugs and were like made up,” as CNN reported. In another at a bathhouse, he said, the couple had a separate room and “do a little, masturbate together.” Last week Abimbola testified that he was not in an intimate relationship with Smollett and that he was unaware of any sexual tension between them. As for Olabinjo, Smollett testified that “he scared me,” adding, “Every time we were around him, he wouldn’t talk to me. Every time we [Abimbola and I] needed to leave, he made it look like we needed to sneak out. ”

If he is found guilty, Smollett faces three years in prison. However, due to no criminal history and because no one was seriously injured in the alleged attack, legal experts told AP that such an outcome is unlikely. Based on CNN, Smollett will continue to be cross-examined by the special counsel on Tuesday morning.

Better stories from Vanity Fair

“Who the fuck cares about Adam McKay?” (We do and with good reason)
– ten But the movie is great of the year 2021
The Goldbergs Actor Jeff Garlin responds Talking about Misbehavior on Set
We still love 30 Rock, but its foundation is shaking
– Our TV Critics Favorite show of the year
Mel Brooks has gone too far—But only once
– Lady Gaga’s Gucci house The character is Even Wilder in real life
– From the Archives: Inside the Crazy Ride of Manufacture Producer
– Registration Newsletter “HWD Daily” on the must-read industry and the scope of the awards — along with the weekly special edition of “Awards Insider.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/12/there-was-no-hoax-in-testimony-jussie-smollett-denies-2019-attack-was-staged “There Was No Hoax”: In Testimony, Jussie Smollett Denies The 2019 Attack Was Staged

screesnrantss

Inter Reviewed is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@interreviewed.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button