The world is (hopefully) getting again to regular quickly now that vaccines are available to most of the people. Meaning we are able to transfer again into our workplaces and start the day by day grind alongside one another as soon as once more. Proper? That could be true for some, however many firms will doubtless resolve to maintain a part of their workforce distant or provide flex positions.
The COVID-19 pandemic has essentially remodeled the workplace workspace. A current research by LiveCareer discovered that 61% of staff need their employer to allow them to work in a distant capability indefinitely. Additionally, 29% of working professionals go as far as to say that they might stop in the event that they needed to return to the workplace after the pandemic. That leaves firms set on returning to the everyday 9-5 in-office workspace in fairly a predicament.
For those who have been one of many many firms delaying implementing distant positions pre-COVID-19, you weren’t alone. Amongst many causes, firms feared productiveness points could be a logistical nightmare. And, whereas there have actually been some bumps alongside the way in which, many firms have successfully applied distant positions. A current survey by Mercer, a human assets and office advantages agency, confirmed 94 % of 800 employers surveyed indicated productiveness was the identical or larger with their staff working remotely.
Many firms are contemplating drastically downsizing their workplace house for the approaching yr and providing flex positions.
In response to a survey from the consulting agency, PwC discovered that executives and staff are converging round a post-pandemic future with much more flexibility, but few are ready to fully abandon the workplace house. Because of this, by design or default, most firms are heading towards a hybrid office the place a lot of workplace staff rotate out and in of workplaces configured for shared areas.
That appears to substantiate LiveCareer’s additional findings. Thirty % of execs surveyed mentioned that if going again to the workplace is inevitable, they’d prefer to work there three days every week. Twenty-five % mentioned two days every week, and 19% mentioned sooner or later. Simply 9% mentioned 4 days.
So, what does this imply for you? And the way does this have an effect on hiring and background checks?
Distant hiring was doubtless a fast-tracked implementation for a lot of, so now’s the right time to replicate on what did and didn’t work over the past yr. What steps of the hiring course of can now be improved and secured?
Listed below are our hiring suggestions for the post-COVID-19 actuality:
- Clearly outline your background verify necessities per place. The Equal Employment Alternative Fee (EEOC) already recommends this to keep away from disparate impression. Including absolutely distant or flex job choices could change the background verify choice, so remember to appropriately replace your handbooks or hiring tips.
- Remember to make it clear when you plan on making a at the moment distant place in-house as soon as the pandemic is over.
- Are you going to supply flex positions? If that’s the case, be clear on when they’re anticipated to be within the workplace. For instance, will it’s one or two particular days every week or days of their selecting, and many others…
- For those who require a video interview, remember to use an utility appropriate with the most typical units, akin to Apple, Android, and Home windows.
- There was a major shift in how folks store, leading to an uptick in hacker exercise and an elevated want for cybersecurity. Due to this fact, it’s extra essential than ever to companion with a background verify firm that gives an easy-to-use and safe on-line portal for candidates to enter private data.
Along with every part above, it’s essential to notice that whereas EEOC suggestions will doubtless evolve with the brand new distant/flex working actuality, the requirement of strict Honest Credit score Reporting Act (FCRA) regulation adherence stays the identical.
- All the time get hold of a signed launch type.
- If an individual is denied the place, whatever the purpose, all the time ship a duplicate of their background verify, a Pre-Choice letter, and a duplicate of their shopper rights.
- Observe up with an adversarial motion letter 5 enterprise days later.
In these unsure instances, it pays to have a trusted companion who can present the info you want and the client help to reply all of your questions. Our unparalleled help, mixed with our nationwide researcher community, makes SELECTiON.COM® a priceless background verify companion.
Our five-star buyer help crew is just not solely business skilled however tenured of their time with our firm. Our workers is offered to you through telephone, e mail, and chat, Monday by Friday, from 8 am to eight pm.
SELECTiON.COM® presents employment and schooling verifications, character reference stories, prison historical past stories, and our Search America® locator device is the biggest within the business with different 1 billion data.
Contact us at the moment to develop a quick and correct background verify program to satisfy your wants.
NOTE: This text provides a common overview of authorized issues. Nevertheless, it’s your duty to make sure compliance with all of the related federal, state, and native legal guidelines governing this space. SELECTiON.COM® doesn’t present authorized recommendation, and we all the time recommend consulting your authorized counsel for all applicant approval issues.