That is the web model of our morning publication, The Morning Win. Subscribe to get irreverent and incisive sports activities tales, delivered to your mailbox each morning.
The 2021 British Open – or Open Championship, if you wish to be official about issues – is underway and man does it already feel great to have it back in our lives after it was cancelled final yr because of the pandemic.
And you realize what? Relating to majors I’m going to place this within the second slot and the space between it and the Masters (which will likely be No. 1 ceaselessly) isn’t that a lot.
I do know what you’re considering proper now – what in regards to the U.S. Open!!?? The U.S. Open is ok and fulfilling (besides after they decide boring programs like Torrey Pines) but it surely doesn’t come near touching the British Open.
There are lots of the explanation why the British Open is so superior:
1. The programs. We get to see one of the best golfers on the planet play among the most historic programs within the recreation and take a look at their expertise in hyperlinks golf, which is so completely different from many of the programs right here within the U.S. They really should suppose their means by way of pictures, play balls on the bottom, and keep away from bunkers which might be designed to be punishing, not like those we see every week on the PGA Tour.
2. Morning golf is one of the best golf. There’s nothing higher than waking up earlier than the solar comes up, pouring a cup of espresso, and watching one of the best gamers on the planet enjoying golf on the opposite aspect of the pond. There’s simply one thing so extremely soothing about the entire thing. Additionally, in case you reside on the West Coast you get some evening golf the primary two nights, with play beginning at 10:30. Staying up late for a couple of hours and watching the early morning golf from the opposite aspect of the world was all the time certainly one of my favourite issues to do annually once I lived in California.
3. The British Open doesn’t have to trick up its programs and develop the tough excessive just like the U.S. Open to problem the gamers. It all the time feels just like the gamers are enjoying the sport and the course the way in which the Earth designed it to be performed. It’s all so pure and delightful. They’re like “Hey, right here’s this course from 1863, go on the market and have some enjoyable!”
4. I like the yellow scoreboards. I do know that sounds bizarre and goofy however the yellow scoreboards simply heat my coronary heart.
5. The greenskeeper at Royal St. George’s is the coolest greenskeeper on the planet.
Once more, the U.S. Open is enjoyable and our nationwide championship and I’ve all of the respect on the planet for it and watch 90 hours of it annually however the British Open simply feels higher.
Get pleasure from!
Fast hits: Giannis’ unbelievable block… Loki’s epic plot twist… NBA prospect’s wild dunk… And extra.
– Did you see Giannis Antetokounmpo’s block late within the Bucks’ Recreation 4 win over the Suns final evening? It was unbelievable and you need to see all these different angles of it.
– Henry McKenna dives into the Loki finale and the epic plot twist it had.
– NBA prospect Jericho Sims hurt his face on the rim while throwing down a big dunk and the video of it’s simply ridiculous.
– Michelle Martinelli spoke to U.S. Olympic swimmer Lilly King, who has become the queen of psyching out her opponents.