Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is facing a lot of backlash following a comment on Monday regarding the bail reduction.
The ‘AOC’ says she supports reducing the amount of bail offered by prosecutors in the New York City court system, but her defense came just a day after a man he was released”disproportionately low“On bail was charged with slashing people during a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wis., killing 5 people and injuring more than 40 others.
“We are gravely concerned that excessive amounts of bail are leading to unnecessary pre-trial detention and contributing to a humanitarian crisis in New York City’s prison system, particularly on Rikers Island,” the AOC and two other members of Congress said in a statement.
“Fourteen people have died this year in the custody of the New York City Department of Corrections. Condemning thousands of individuals languishing in an environment plagued by overcrowding and persistent increases in violence as they await trial is unacceptable and risks a violation of civil rights. federation of these individuals,” she added.
“If these conditions are not addressed, federal intervention may be necessary to protect detainees from further harm.”
Based on Daily rope:
Ocasio-Cortez’s comments come just a day after a 39-year-old black man was arrested by law enforcement officials and charged with five counts of willful first-degree murder after driving on dozens of people in a Christmas parade. …
Earlier this month, the suspect was arrested for allegedly punching the child’s mother in the face and using his car at a gas station. Criminal complaint from the incident speak that “officers observed tire marks on her left trouser leg.”
The suspect was later released on $1,000 bail, which the Milwaukee County District Attorney said in today’s statement is “inconsistent with the nature of the recent and pending charges” against with the suspect. “The bail recommendation in this case is not consistent with the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office’s approach to matters related to violent crime, nor is it consistent with the defendant’s prior risk assessment. when placing the deposit,” the statement added.
Ocasio-Cortez received a lot of feedback on social media about her comments, which many felt were ill-timed, according to The Daily Wire:
- Ben Shapiro, The Daily Wire: “Your timing is… odd.”
- Mike Cernovich, political commentator: “One day after a massacre occurred in Wisconsin by a violent criminal released under bail reform policies, the AOC posts this.”
- Dana Loesch, radio host: “Because clearly Waukesha isn’t bad enough.”
- Matt Walsh, The Daily Wire: “Holy sh**. @AOC is a gangster killer. A guy with $1,000 bail just killed a bunch of women and children, and her immediate response was to make sure the more violent criminals were released back into their communities. . These people are really, really, the devil. ”
- Erick Erickson, radio host: “The Squad is really a parody project about the House Freedom Caucus, isn’t it? I refuse to believe that these people are not part of a left-wing satirical project. “
- Matt Whitlock, political strategist: “A day after a man killed 5 people and injured 48 while out for $1,000 (after trying to kill someone ELSE with his car) ), the AOC issued a letter arguing that the bail was too high. It can’t be made up.”
- Tom Fitton, Judgment Watch: “In principle, the extreme left opposes incarceration. Don’t be distracted by arguments about bail, criminal justice reform, etc. Communist revolutionaries believe that the criminal justice system has no moral authority to imprison anyone (other than criminals). their political enemies)”.
- Dan McLaughlin, National Review: “Today is really not the day to push many dangerous people out on bail. Really, really not. ”
https://smartzune.com/aoc-blasted-over-comments-and-observations-she-made-following-deadly-incident-in-waukesha-wis-aoc-is-a-demonic-sociopath/ The AOC sparked the comments and observations she made after the deadly incident in Waukesha, Wis: ‘AOC is a demonic society!’