Democrats are once again playing the GOP on Capitol Hill.
This time, they introduced a settlement bill that was completely unacceptable knowing it would stall but would allow the more palatable infrastructure bill to pass, which is also part of the chapter. their left green agenda.
Though billed as a “bipartisan infrastructure bill,” the Jobs and Infrastructure Investment Act has had no conservative victories, but many signs of the left.
President Joe Biden signed the $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act into law, his only major legislative victory since Congress passed a rescue plan. coronavirus in March, the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan.
Congressman Jim Banks (R-IN), Chairman of the Republican Research Committee (RSC), noted that only $110 billion of the $1.2 trillion in spending will fund roads, bridges, and other projects. Another project most Americans would consider is infrastructure.
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) finds that the bill would add $256 billion to the deficit and the Penn-Wharton Budget Model speak the bill would not add “significant” economic growth.
Radicals such as Transport Secretary Pete Buttigieg argue the spending in the bill would address “social justice” issues including “racism built on some high roads”. our speed”.
The infrastructure bill passed in the Senate by a 69-30 bipartisan vote.
Infrastructure bills include:
- $110 billion for roads and bridges. More than 45,000 bridges across the country are rated as poor quality. The bill also includes $16 billion for large projects that are too large or complicated for traditional funding.
- $66 billion for Amtrak for passenger and freight rail. The bill is intended to eliminate Amtrak’s maintenance backlog and modernize the Northeast Corridor.
- $65 billion to expand broadband internet access. The White House estimates that as many as 40 million Americans lack broadband access. Initially, Biden sought $100 billion.
- $65 billion to rebuild the grid with renewable energy and thousands of miles of new power lines.
- $55 billion to upgrade water systems, with the goal of replacing the country’s service pipelines.
- $42 billion for airports, waterways and port infrastructure. Airports will receive $25 billion.
- $39 billion for public transit. The bill aims to repair and upgrade the transit system and make stations more accessible to the elderly and passengers with disabilities.
- $7.5 billion for electric vehicle charging stations and $7.5 billion for electric buses.
Breitbart points out this bipartisan infrastructure bill promotes leftist priorities:
- Define “gender identity” as a protected class.
- Make “digital equity” grants based in part on racial or ethnic minority status.
- State-mandated carbon reduction program
- Contains funding for “zero-emission vehicles”
- Tackling the “equity toll bus on the road”
- Contains the word “equity” 64 times
- Provides approximately $2.5 billion to help the US government expand border processing stations used by migrants from poor Central American countries and other parts of the world.
- Contains a $10 million grant to create a Mileage Travel Tax Pilot (VMT), which many conservatives say could lead to a permanent VMT tax.
- $1 million per state grant to encourage children to walk to school.
The RSC wrote that it would include $66 billion in funding for Amtrak while preventing any taxpayer accountability for rail service.
https://smartzune.com/thanks-gop-democrats-snuck-in-these-despicable-carveouts-in-1-2-trillion-bipartisan-infrastructure-bill/ | THANKS, GOP: Democrats snagged these despicable details in a $1.2 trillion ‘bipartisan’ infrastructure bill