Tesla has released updates to both its iOS and Android apps that bring some improvements, but unfortunately not as much.
For iPhone, the app has been updated to version 4.3. It brings:
- Customize quick controls on the vehicle home page with a long press
- Adjusting cabin overheating protection
- Widget improvements
- Sentry Live Camera Mode Car Access is supported in some countries (Vehicle software version 2021.40.5+ required.)
The Android app has been updated to version 4.2.3-742 with the following improvements:
- New Android widgets to view vehicle status
- Solar and Powerwall support utility plans maintained by Tesla. Utility rate plans now support seasons, multiple peak periods, and energy buying and selling prices
- Powerwall’s Time-Based Control mode supports update rate plans to more accurately use power from Powerwall when power is expensive, and charging from other sources when power is cheapest
Unlike iOS apps, Android widgets are not interactive. Also, the Android app doesn’t have the ability to customize quick actions and still lacks Direct Camera Access in Sentry Mode. Hopefully these features will appear on the app when it also has version 4.3.
https://mspoweruser.com/tesla-updates-its-ios-and-android-apps-with-new-widgets-more/ Tesla updates its iOS and Android apps with new widgets, more