Autumn of Taylor Swift even more alive.
After her break record liberate, release, free Red (Taylor’s version) and appearance above Tonight’s Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and Late Night with Seth Meyers before a victory 10 minutes performance of “Everything is so good” above Saturday night live (hell, even the grateful dead keep it to three and a half minutes!) Swift isn’t done yet.
“SURPRISE!” She sputtered on social media, announcing the release of a new music video on Monday, 10 a.m. Eastern time. Not any old video but a video directed by her longtime friend Blake Lively.
The 10-second ad for “I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version)” shows a red velvet wedding cake with two small cakes panting in the frosting. Then one hand into the frame to tear more cake. The text reveals a shared credit “written by” to Swift and Lively and claims Lively as the director.
Path on YouTube leads to a static page with a countdown timer on Swift, singing in the middle, holding a red guitar, in a red dress, on a red stage.
“I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version)” is one of the tracks “From The Vault” in the newly released movie. Red (Taylor’s version) record, which means it was written for the original 2012 Red album but never made it to the world. Its co-author is Lori McKenna and it features vocal remix with Chris Stapleton.
The video will mark Lively’s first work behind the scenes. Her and Swift has been seen on the night before the announcement at a SNL afterparty, with Lively’s yuckster husband Ryan Reynolds, Anya Taylor-Joy, and actress Sadie Sink, who appeared in Swift’s “All Too Well” video.
Swift fans have embraced the news in their usual discreet fashion, taking a “wait and see” approach before making any comments.
I joke. The Swifties succeeded, as they should be, hitting “like” on Taylor’s tweet 300,000 times in less than two hours. Here’s a collection of some of the more interesting answers.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Inside the sudden disappearance of The most wanted man of the art world
– The person who bought it Jeffrey Epstein’s Jets There are some regrets
– Book of Eight We can’t put down this month
– Why was the palace kept in the first place Queen’s Hospital a secret?
– NS John Mulaney – Olivia Munn Rumor Mill continues to stir
– The best Schitt’s Creek Goods
– The story behind Prince Harry’s Democratic Origins
– This is 40 for Ivanka Trump
– From the Repository: In His Majesty’s private service
– Registration for “Purchase Line” to receive curated lists of fashion, books, and beauty supplies in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/11/taylor-swift-has-another-gift-for-us-a-surprise-video-directed-by-blake-lively | Taylor Swift has another gift for us: A surprise video directed by Blake Lively