Oddly enough, Nunes didn’t mention that in 2019 he sued Twitter, seeking a quarter of a billion dollars in damages, for “free flow of ideas” including a parody account called ” Devin Nunes ‘Cow,’ which the agent claims defamed him. The lawsuit came in 2020, with a Virginia judge ruling that Twitter is covered by Section 230 of the Communication Discipline Act of 1996, which Trump and Co, say a big game of rights first amendment until someone says something they don’t do. like, tried to abolish.
In a statement, California Republican Chairman Jessica Millan Patterson praised Nunes’ work, saying he “fought tirelessly for his voters in the valley and for our state in the House of Representatives.” The California Democrat was a little less ostentatious, writing in a tweet: “Devin Nunes has long been an embarrassment to California. It is fitting that he leaves Congress to further express himself towards Donald Trump.”
Capitol riot suspect looks to the bright side of a possible prison sentence
In other places!
Trump’s new media company deal under SEC investigation (Guardians)
NYC imposes vaccination mandate on businesses as cases increase (Bloomberg)
The United States announced a diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics for human rights violations (CNBC)
Justice Department sues Texas over state redistricting map, alleging discrimination against Latinos (Washington Post)
Biden Calls Drugs ‘Too Expensive,’ Prove Senate Action (Bloomberg)
JPMorgan Banker Endorses Epstein Wired Maxwell $31 Million (Bloomberg)
‘If you are on this call, you are part of an unlucky group.’ CEO laid off 900 people on Zoom (CNN)
Man in Italy uses silicone prosthetic arm to try to get vaccine certificate (CNN)
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Why is the right to an intestinal abortion possible Damaging SCOTUS’s own legitimacy
– Jared and Ivanka Try going back to polite society
– Potential East Hampton Airport closure Ignites Class War
– ONE $2.5 billion plan to Thwart COVID Variants Stalled Inside the Biden Administration
– Mark Meadows, Who Knows Trump’s Body Burial, in cooperation
– Meet the Lawyers Try to book Ghislaine Maxwell Free
– Twitter’s Jack Dorsey has exited—Or was he fired??
– Trump’s Stealing Ability the 2024 election is just creeping up
– From the Repository: Twitter Constants Chaos
– Not a subscriber? Join Vanity Fair to get full access to VF.com and the entire online archive now.
Source link Surprise: Trump’s $1 billion investment secret sounds shady as hell