Microsoft has worked closely with Valve to add support for Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) to steam deck. Those who have both a Steam Deck and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription can try Xbox Cloud Gaming on device via the Microsoft Edge Beta.
How to set up Xbox Cloud Gaming on Steam Deck
Microsoft Edge is not automatically available on Steam Deck, so device owners must set up Microsoft Edge for Linux Beta themselves. Once this is done, players can even change the name of the symbol and its graphic. Here are the step-by-step instructions for setting up Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate:
- Press Steam Menu > Power > Switch to Desktop
- Click the Discover Software Center icon
- Click Hamburger Menu > Internet > Web Browser
- Scroll until you find Microsoft Edge Beta and click the Install button.
- Back on the desktop, click on the program launcher icon in the lower-left corner of the taskbar
- Navigate to Internet
- Right-click Microsoft Edge (Beta) > Add to Steam
- In the Add Game window, scroll to locate and select Microsoft Edge (Beta).
- Back in the Applications menu, navigate to System > Console
- Set the override by typing this command in console:
- flatpak -user override -filesystem=/run/udev:ro com.microsoft.Edge
Once that’s done, you can customize the name by launching Steam on the desktop. You also need to change the controller input:
- Go to your library and look for Microsoft Edge (Beta)
- Right-click on it > Properties
- Change the name to Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)
- Locate LAUNCH OPTIONS and append the following:
- -window-size=1024,640 -force-device-scale-factor=1.25 -device-scale-factor=1.25 -kiosk “https://www.xbox.com/play”
- To switch the controller layout to gamepad with touchpad as mouse
- Select the gear icon in the top right > Manage > Controller Layout
- Browse the templates and select Gamepad with mouse trackpad
Microsoft even has provided artworks You can use to customize the program icon, but you need a USB stick to transfer it to Steam Deck.
- Xbox_Cloud_Gaming_Banner.jpg –Click on the shortcut in your games list, right click on the gray background > set custom background
- Xbox_Cloud_Gaming_Capsule.jpg – In the Steam library view, right click on the empty rectangle for Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) > Set Custom Graphics (You must also do this in your RECENT GAMES list after launching Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) at least once to have )
- Xbox_Cloud_Gaming_Icon.jpg – In Properties, right-click the empty square to specify a custom icon
Now all you have to do is return to gaming mode on desktop and Xbox Cloud Gaming is ready to go. Those who need a more complete guide with screenshots can go to Microsoft special support article.
In other news, the Overwatch 2 PvP beta for PC players begins on April 26th. Elsewhere, despite the lukewarm response from players and critics, Square Enix has no plans to drop support for Babylon’s Fall.
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/703858-steam-deck-xbox-cloud-gaming-how-to-set-up Steam Deck: How to Set Up Xbox Cloud Gaming