HERTFORD, NC (WAVY) – A man is facing multiple charges after he allegedly led deputies in a chase with a child without a butt in his car Tuesday in Hertford, North Carolina.
The Perquimans County Sheriff’s Office said Kentre’ Dillard was also found with crack cocaine and marijuana in his car.
The sheriff’s office said it received information that two people with pending warrants were at the Hertford Housing Authority on White Street on Tuesday.
The reps come and see the duo, Dillard and Destiny Gordon. They approached the white Dodge Magnum that Dillard was driving, but he allegedly locked the door and then drove the car in the opposite direction.
The sheriff’s office did not say where Gordon was at the time.
Deputies tried to stop the car, but it hit one of them.
Dillard is then said to have driven through the rear lot of the residence and through the fence into Church Street. Deputies pursued him until he reached Edenton Street, where he got out of his car and ran, the sheriff’s office said.
Dillard was arrested a half way from his car.
A search of the vehicle revealed a “small child” in the backseat car seat, who was not belted. They were not harmed.
The search also found several grams of cocaine and bags of marijuana.
Gordon arrives shortly after Dillard’s arrest. She said she was the mother of the child.
Gordon was also arrested on charges unrelated to the pursuit.
Dillard is responsible for:
- 3 counts of felony probation violation outside of Chowan County,
- Felony broke in and went in,
- Felony Larceny,
- A deadly weapon attack on a government official,
- Against a civil servant,
- Driving a vehicle while trying to evade law enforcement (a felony),
- Driving dangerously to people/property (minor crime),
- Driving with a license revoked,
- Child abuse (misdemeanor),
- Not safe for children under 5 years old,
- Possession for the purpose of production, sale and delivery ii,
- Possession for the purpose of selling and providing cannabis,
- Maintain means to control substances,
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
https://www.wavy.com/news/north-carolina/sheriffs-office-man-arrested-in-hertford-after-pursuit-unbuckled-child-and-drugs-found-in-car/ Sheriff’s office: Man arrested in Hertford after being chased, child not wearing bracelet and drugs found in car