Robert Crimo Jr., father of parade suspect Robert Crimo III, says his son spoke out about mass shootings the night before the attack

The night before Robert “Bobby” Crimo III allegedly carried out his premeditated attack at a Fourth of July parade – where he is accused of murdering seven people and injuring dozens more – the 21-year-old taunted another mass shooter for his horrific attack. his father betrayed.

In a Wednesday interview with the New York Post, Robert Crimo Jr. said he and his son were discussing a mass shooting in Copenhagen on Sunday night in which one person killed three people at a shopping center. The elder Crimo said his son called the shooter “a jerk,” before adding: “People like that… [commit mass shootings] to cheer up the people who want to ban all guns.”

“I spoke to him 13 hours ago [the parade attack]’ Crimo Jr. told the newspaper. “I guess that’s why I’m so shocked… Like, did he have a psychiatric break or something?”

The conversation is shocking considering Crimo III has since admitted to investigators that he “dressed up like a girl and covered his tattoos with makeup because people recognized him” before allegedly starting the fire which opened the July 4th parade in Highland Park. During the attack, Crimo III told investigators he used three 30-round clips in his Smith and Wesson MNP 15 to attack parade participants and stopped twice to reload.

Afterwards, prosecutors revealed during a bail hearing on Wednesday, Crimo III told investigators he fled the roof he used as a sniper’s nest but accidentally left his rifle behind when it fell out of his pocket.

The weapon used was legally obtained in 2020. Illinois state police told The Daily Beast that Crimo III’s father sponsored his son’s application for a gun license just months after Crimo III’s alleged suicide attempt, speaking of “killing everyone” and 16 knives, a dagger, and a sword from his house.

The gun was also notably procured after police revealed it had previously had harrowing encounters with Crimo III. In a September 15, 2019 Highland Park police report obtained by The Daily Beast, officers went to the Crimo family home after a person said the 21-year-old had “declared he would kill everyone” in his family .

On Tuesday, authorities confirmed the September 2019 incident in which Crimo III allegedly threatened to “kill everyone in his family” while hoarding 16 knives, a dagger and a sword. He had also attempted suicide in April, police said. When officers arrived at the home, both Crimo III and his mother said he had been depressed and had “a history of using drugs.”

“Robert wasn’t open about the language he used [during the threat] Neither does his mother,” the report said.

The report added that Crimo Jr. was the one who told police about the son’s knife collection, which was kept in a “tin can lunch box, along with a 12-inch dagger and a 24-inch samurai blade” in his bedroom closet were kept. Crimo III told the police at the time that he was not harming himself or others.

Crimo Jr. dismissed the notion that his son’s 2019 incident was dangerous – and told so post it was just a “childish outburst” and insisting that the vast collection of knives was “just a collection”.

“You know I used to collect coins and baseball cards,” the father added.

Months after the incident, Crimo Jr. sponsored his son’s gun license application, which allowed Crimo III to purchase several guns — including ones he bought online and picked up from local gun dealer Red Dot Arms, The Daily Beast exclusively reported on Wednesday.

On Wednesday, Crimo Jr. denied any idea of ​​wrongdoing while helping his son obtain a gun owner’s ID and shared the fact post that he thought his kid would just use his gun at the shooting range.

“He bought everything himself and they are registered to him,” the father added. “You know, he drove there, he ordered them, he picked them up, they did his background checks on everyone.”

Crimo Jr., who ran unsuccessfully for Highland Park mayor in 2019, added that he had “zero” involvement in Monday’s attack and slammed anyone who said otherwise.

“I’ve been here my whole life, and I’m going to stay here, keep my head up because I didn’t do anything wrong,” he said, later adding that while he’s “devastated” by the incident, he hopes to be son paid for his crimes.

“I want a long sentence,” he said. “He made a choice. He didn’t have to. I think there is obviously a mental illness.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/robert-crimo-jr-dad-of-parade-suspect-robert-crimo-iii-says-son-discussed-mass-shooting-night-before-attack?source=articles&via=rss Robert Crimo Jr., father of parade suspect Robert Crimo III, says his son spoke out about mass shootings the night before the attack

Hung

Inter Reviewed is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@interreviewed.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button