Despite facing health problems over the past month that forced her to step back from interactions with the royal family, Queen Elizabeth gathered for the weekend for a joint christening for her two grandsons.
Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank christened their nine-month-old son honorable at the Royal Chapel of All Saints in Windsor, England on Sunday, with his cousin Lucas, the eight-month-old son of Zara and Mike Tindall. Queen Elizabeth’s father and son were also welcomed by family and close friends to celebrate the special occasion. Based on Sun, Eugenie’s parents Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew attended, as was Prince William and Kate Middleton.
This is a rare public outing for the king because after being hospitalized on October 20, she was advised by doctors to rest for at least two weeks and not make any official visits. As a result, she had to cancel a number of public engagements, including missing an appearance at a Remembrance Day event last week due to a back sprain. The christening also came a day after the queen’s 74th anniversary with her late husband Prince Philip, her first without him after his death in April. However, the baptism was a fitting tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh, as both babies were given the middle name Philip in honor of their great-grandfather.
Princess Eugenie and Brooksbank announced the birth of their first child in February. August is Queen Elizabeth’s ninth great-grandchild and the first grandchild of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson. A month later, Zara, the daughter of Princess Anne, welcomed her third child. She and her husband Mike also have two daughters, aged seven Mia and three years old Lena.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Inside the sudden disappearance of The most wanted man of the art world
– The person who bought it Jeffrey Epstein’s Jets There are some regrets
– Book of Eight We can’t put down this month
– Why was the palace kept in the first place Queen’s Hospital a secret?
– NS John Mulaney – Olivia Munn Rumor Mill continues to stir
– The best Schitt’s Creek Goods
– The story behind Prince Harry’s Democratic Origins
– This is 40 for Ivanka Trump
– From the Repository: In His Majesty’s private service
– Registration for “Purchase Line” to receive curated lists of fashion, books, and beauty supplies in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/11/queen-elizabeth-attends-great-grandson-joint-christening-princess-eugenie-zara-tindall Queen Elizabeth attends the joint blessing of her grandsons August Brooksbank and Lucas Tindall