Puzzle solutions guide — Runes, pillars, and plates
King’s Bounty II has a number of quests, a few of which result in puzzles. Certainly, there are even circumstances if you’d choose the Finesse ideal solely to be introduced with tough moments. Though a majority of those duties are simple and simple, others may need clues which might be cryptic or non-existent. Right here’s our King’s Bounty II puzzle options information that will help you with numerous runes, pillars, and quests similar to Palatinus the Mad Genius, the Deserted Catacombs, the Witch’s Bridge, Philanthropist and Patron of the Arts within the Mages’ Tower, serving to Rick with the Grotto at Windy Port, the Citadel Forten riddle for Heinrich’s Inheritance, and extra.
Notice: For extra info, try our King’s Bounty II guides and features hub. We even have a beginner’s guide to get you began with the essential mechanics and fight system.
King’s Bounty II puzzle options information – Fixing runes and pillar contraptions within the marketing campaign
Rune and flooring plate puzzles
King’s Bounty II has just a few puzzles involving runes and flooring plates. There are flooring plates with symbols, and also you’ll see clues that inform you which of them you possibly can step on. Consider it as akin to Indiana Jones and the Final Campaign, the place you should step on the proper plates to complete the target. Listed here are some examples:
- The Deserted Catacombs – The runes which you could step on are proven on the wall. These are the “triangle,” “hydra,” “T,” “J,” “Capricorn,” and “A.”
- Haven of the Enlightened Ones: The Witch’s Bridge – Later within the marketing campaign, you’ll come throughout the Witch’s Bridge (seen under). The clues are literally revealed to you by Tivir, an NPC whom you met earlier in Marcella’s outskirts. You’re allowed to step on the stones with the “Y,” “A,” and “trident” symbols.
- There’s additionally a fundamental quest known as The Ritual which happens in direction of the top of the sport. I received’t spoil it right here, however the clues are additionally in the identical location.
Mad Genius Palatinus
While you meet the Palatinus for the Mad Genius quest in King’s Bounty II, you possibly can both destroy his magical gadget (Energy) or remedy the puzzle (Finesse). When you select the latter, you should work together with the wall plates that match the runic symbols on the gadget. When you’re accomplished with the primary half, the following section has you on the lookout for 4 symbols outdoors his home. Those you’re on the lookout for are:
- “Pi” – On the left of the home on a wall.
- “I” – On the again close to a shrine.
- “Skewed A” and “C Clef” – The previous is on the wall close to the doorway and the latter is additional away subsequent to a chest.
Philanthropist and Patron of the Arts within the Mages’ Tower
This portion of the Philanthropist and Patron of the Arts quest in King’s Bounty II takes you again to the Mages’ Tower to activate runes within the following order: Nun -> Soet -> Nun -> Kor -> Nun -> Dingir. The runes themselves are discovered as pairs on the three gates on the entrances to the hub. Additionally, there’s a “Nun” rune in every of those spots.
As such, you’ll activate the runes on this order: top-left entrance (Nun -> Soet), middle-right entrance (Nun -> Kor), and bottom-right entrance (Nun -> Dingir). Lastly, you’ll solely be capable to do that puzzle if you happen to selected the Anarchy path prompt by the Iron Masks.
The Grotto and Rick in Windy Port
Later in King’s Bounty II, you’ll attain the city of Windy Port the place you’ll discover Rick and the Grotto puzzle. To make clear, that is a part of two quests: Via the Quarantine and Conflict at Windy Port. You possibly can both assault a person named Fisher by yourself (Energy) or you possibly can ask Rick for assist first (Finesse). When you select the latter, Rick will ask you to go to the Grotto. Right here, you’ll see 5 pillars with plates which have totally different symbols.
I couldn’t discover a notice right here with a clue, and one of many symbols was a bit complicated because it had a vertical line that regarded like a “1” (i.e., the beginning of the sequence). After some trial-and-error, I spotted that the answer was to work together with the pillars on this order:
- Triangle up
- Triangle down
This reveals a chest that has the Summoner of the Parts trinket. It’s an adjunct that reinforces elemental injury and is kind of helpful if you happen to want to bolster your character’s magical capabilities.
The Citadel Forten riddle and Henrich’s Inheritance
Additional onward in King’s Bounty II‘s marketing campaign, you’ll attain the city of Rouen the place you possibly can assist with Heinrich’s Inheritance. The subsequent time you discuss to Heinrich, he tells you to go to Citadel Forten. There are two puzzles right here:
- Writings on the wall – I’m not truly certain if you should work together with the plates in a particular order. What I merely did was click on on the bottom-left, bottom-right, stairs proper, top-right, and top-left plates.
- The library – This one was trickier since I couldn’t discover a clue. Principally, you’ll must work together with the books on this order:
- The Albian Highlands: A Historical past of Conquest
- Beneath the Mages’ Tower
- Crown of Kings
- Deserter or Hero: A Shepherd’s Story
The Gargoyles in Magnificence and the Beasts
Magnificence and the Beasts is a sidequest that you simply’ll obtain when you attain the city of Floster in King’s Bounty II. As you advance additional, you’ll discover a mages’ hub with a gate which you could break down (Energy) and a gargoyle puzzle which you could remedy (Finesse). If you wish to remedy the puzzle, you should depend on trial-and-error strategies.
The concept is to have all gargoyles pushed down. Nevertheless, interacting with one will even make the adjoining statues transfer. After defeating the enemy military that seems, you possibly can recruit Chimeras into your military.
King’s Bounty II is accessible through Steam. For extra info, try our guides and features hub.
https://www.pcinvasion.com/kings-bounty-ii-puzzle-guide/ | Puzzle options information — Runes, pillars, and plates