Prince Charles took a minute out of her busy schedule to enjoy a good glass during her trip to Devon and Cornwall on Wednesday.
The royal family and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, The author participated Sir Michael Morpurgo lunch in Iddesleigh, England at a club for local residents. There, the Prince of Wales lifted a pint in front of the camera before taking a large sip. This trip is part of Charles and Camilla’s annual three-day visit to the area. That’s why, on Tuesday, the couple also traveled to Scilly Island off Cornwall, where they dropped into the kitchen of the family-owned Veronica farm so Camilla could try making donuts.
The royal family is known for occasionally enjoying local alcoholic beverages and other specialties during their travels around the UK and abroad. Just last year, Kate Middleton and Prince William Bake an Irish Guard cake and sip a beer while visit Dublin’s Guinness Storehouse. And, this year, Queen Elizabeth also dipped her foot into the alcohol industry, approving the sale of a line of beer brewed from crops on her Sandringham Estate in Norfolk. Those beers come in the traditional British bittersweet cold-filtered and stronger Golden IPA variety, and are sold in 500ml bottles at the hotel gift shop for $5.50.
Last week, Charles also visited Barracks Merville in Colchester, England to present the new Regiment Colors to the British Army Parachute Regiment and resell soldiers with the story of the first time he skydived saw him stuck upside down before having to be “pulled out of the water” by the Royal Marines. He also went to the small Welsh village of Nevern earlier this month, where tháng he met his grandson Prince Georgehorse’s name and ring the newly restored bells at St Brynach’s Church for the first time in 120 years.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Story cover: Dua Lipa on Creating Future nostalgia
– Inside Ghislaine Maxwell’s Battle With the Bureau of Prisons
– Prince William and Prince Harry “Move a new page” in their relationship
– 11 books we think you should read This July
– Inside LA’s Most Iconic Examples of mid-century modern architecture
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are ready to spend “The rest of their lives together”
– Must-see looks From Cannes Film Festival 2021
– History of Princess Diana’s fiery family
– The Best musician-tested waterproof mascara to ride a horse for a summer outing
– From the Repository: The heart of an heir
– Registration for Purchase line to receive curated fashion, book, and beauty listings in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/07/prince-charles-beer-pint-devon-cornwall-three-day-visit-duchess-camilla | Prince Charles Enjoys a Pint While Visiting Devon