News

Prince Andrew Joins ‘Fight’ in Virginia Roberts Giuffre Affair, Source Revealed

A challenger Prince Andrew may have been deprived of his HRH by Queen, but he intends to continue fighting Virginia Roberts GiuffreA source close to the prince revealed exclusively to The Daily Beast about allegations that she raped him three times when she was just seventeen, as part of a high-stakes gamble to delete his name.

“We are in the early stages of this case,” the source said, “Obviously, we want to bring the case out at the pleading stage. But we will continue to sue as ordered by the court. ”

When asked about Andrew’s ability to act in the coming months, the source said, “The fight goes on.”

Another source close to the Duke said: “Given the robustness that Judge Kaplan offered in welcoming our arguments, we are not surprised by this ruling. However, it was not a judgment based on Ms Giuffre’s allegations. This is a marathon not a sprint, and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these claims.”

However, a source close to Andrew told The Daily Beast that it is “very likely” that the duke will attend any trial in person.

Andrew’s insight into possible legal strategy is the clearest indication that the duke, often accused of arrogance, intends to defy calls for him to settle with Giuffre, and instead that would go on to pursue an aggressive strategy masterminded by his attorney, Andrew B. Brettler, that would find a way to punch holes in Giuffre’s character.

A source in Virginia Giuffre’s camp told The Daily Beast: “They’ve always said their plan was to deny everything, so there’s no reason to believe they’re not going to bring this to trial. On the other hand, if they’re going to try to work it out, they’re bound to assume they’re taking it to trial, so it’s hard to know what they’re thinking. You just can’t tell. “It’s hard to believe they’re actually going to take this to trial, as there’s so much evidence against him, but you wouldn’t be able to guess what they’re going to be doing.”

Sources in Andrew’s camp previously told The Daily Beast that the “credibility” of his accuser was at the heart of the case.

For example, in the legal brief filed in court, Brettler accused Giuffre of being involved in recruiting other girls to work as masseuses, knowing they would be abused by Epstein and Maxwell.

This strategy was widely condemned by many observers, who saw Andrew seeking to place the blame on a victim of Jeffrey Epstein.

blank

Virginia Roberts holds a photo of herself aged 16, when she said Palm Beach billionaire Jeffrey Epstein began sexually abusing her.

Emily Michot / Miami Herald / Tribune News Service via Getty Images

Giuffre’s side previously told The Daily Beast that these attacks against Giuffre were “totally unrelated to whether Prince Andrew was involved in the sex trade.”

Andrew went on to assert, both privately and publicly, that he had no recollection of ever meeting Giuffre, and vehemently denied her allegation that she was sold to him by Epstein and Maxwell for his purposes. sex.

Andrew’s defiant stance comes after he was humiliatingly stripped of his titles, military association and royal patronage on Thursday, in a total severance by the queen.

Andrew was photographed earlier in the day for the first time since a judge delivered his ruling on Wednesday, rejected Andrew’s request that he was protected from legal action by Giuffre by the terms of a $500,000 settlement signed in 2009 between Giuffre and Epstein. Giuffre accused Epstein of trafficking her.

The grim-faced prince is being driven in a Range Rover from his home, Royal Lodge, in Windsor Great Park, in the direction of Windsor Castle where the queen currently lives.

It is likely he is visiting the Queen to discuss his final humiliation, but Buckingham Palace declined to say whether Andrew will visit the queen today or if they are meeting face-to-face about the move. this would get him banned from calling himself “His Majesty. ”

The revelation of Andrew’s confrontational stance in the ongoing civil trial comes after Giuffre’s attorney, David Boies, told The Daily Beast his client was looking forward to his charges. Her case against her alleged abuser was tried in court.

Boies later told the BBC that Giuffre would be unlikely to accept a “completely financial” deal, suggesting that even if Andrew or his family were willing and able to repay her, she would not content with the conventional formula according to which guilt is not admitted. recorded in the contract.

“I think it is very important to Virginia Giuffre that this matter be resolved in a way that vindicates her and other victims… a purely financial settlement is not anything that I do. think she cares.”

– David Boies

“I think it’s very important to Virginia Giuffre that this issue be resolved in a way that vindicates her and vindicates other victims… a purely financial settlement is not an accident,” Boies said. whatever I think she’s interested in.”

The revelation that Andrew intends to continue fighting the case comes after he was stripped of his remaining royal titles. 150 veterans had previously written to the queen, commander-in-chief of the armed forces, saying Andrew’s retention of his post was “unacceptable”.

“Is this any other senior military officer, it is not inconceivable that he will remain in office,” the letter, first reported by Guardians, speak.

Andrew’s camp attempted to reverse yesterday’s decision as a move agreed rather than an imposition from superiors, but Andrew’s unwillingness to voluntarily give up his honor and his former military role has emphasizes, to many, his refusal to signify that he will never return. a prominent place in public life.

While his mother is alive, he will likely keep her feelings private and continue to be invited to private family gatherings, however, the incoming King Charles may act much more ruthless. towards his younger brother, whom he reported as disliked.

Charles and his son William are also said to be strongly opposed to any arrangement whereby the monarch’s personal income is used to bail Andrew out, either by covering legal fees or in settlements.

Andrew though has promised to pay his own legal bills and is expected to use the proceeds about the sale of his $22 million Swiss ski lodge for this purpose.

A source told The Daily Beast that a property buyer has been found, saying: “The sale is in progress, but not yet completed.”

While there is a school of thought in the family that Andrew should “sort his own mess“The royals will also be acutely aware that if Andrew goes ahead with his plan to fight and the case goes to court for much of this year, then one-sided revelations and statements about his sex life Andrew’s can overshadow platinum jubilee celebrations.

Thursday’s move to banish him entirely from the official and ceremonial life of the family could be seen as a strategic acknowledgment of that fact.

Given that this is a civil trial, Andrew will not be required to appear in person as a witness, but video excerpts of his removal may be available to jurors. .

https://www.thedailybeast.com/prince-andrew-to-fight-on-in-virginia-roberts-giuffre-case-source-reveals?source=articles&via=rss Prince Andrew Joins ‘Fight’ in Virginia Roberts Giuffre Affair, Source Revealed

screesnrantss

Inter Reviewed is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@interreviewed.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button