News

Prince Andrew deletes social media accounts

Prince Andrew deleted his social media accounts on Wednesday, just days after he was stripped of all remaining royal patrons and the use of his HRH title.

Visitors to Andrew’s longstanding Twitter account, @thedukeofyork, were greeted today with a bald notice that “This account does not exist”.

Andrew’s Instagram account, @hrhthedukeofyork, is still active but appears to have been moved to the “private” setting, while his Facebook account, which has the same treatment as his Instagram page, remains active on Wednesday, however it is believed they are in the process of being deleted.

A source close to Andrew told The Daily Beast that changes are being made to reflect Andrew’s new position, not royal.

Andrew’s astonishing silence on social media comes less than a week after the queen released a brief and brutal statement, abruptly ending Andrew’s royal career as the family belatedly seeks to alienate the toxic royal, who is fighting a civil court case by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who alleges Andrew raped her three times.

The statement read: “With the Queen’s approval and consent, the royal and military patronage rights of the Duke of York have been returned to Her Majesty. The Duke of York will continue not to perform any public duties and is defending the case as a private citizen.”

The queen’s long-delayed action is attributed to growing unhappiness with Andrew in the army. and he posed enormous challenges to the royal family in a year in which we should celebrate Her Majesty’s exceptional service as she hits her platinum year. But I am also a minister of the crown and it would be inappropriate for me to make any further remarks that might risk being too gaudy.”

The most important title Andrew lost last week was colonel of the Grenadier Guards, where his continued presence as official puppet has become a divisive issue among the regiment. extremely historic royal.

That title now goes back to the queen.

The Daily mail reported that Lieutenant General Walker sent an email to all members of “Grens” congratulating the queen saying, “I’m sure you would suggest a personal ‘Three Cheers’ to the colonel, an appointment. which she first hosted in 1942, 80 as of February 24 of this year.”

In an even bigger blow, York Racecourse said it was looking to rename the race to the Duke of York Stakes, a famous sprint held there since 1895.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/prince-andrew-deletes-social-media-accounts?source=articles&via=rss Prince Andrew deletes social media accounts

screesnrantss

Inter Reviewed is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@interreviewed.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button