- Chicago’s four-day Lollapalooza music pageant returned Thursday after a year-long hiatus as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Attendees of the pageant are required to indicate proof of vaccination or a unfavorable COVID-19 take a look at consequence no older than 72 hours.
- Unvaccinated attendees are required to put on a masks.
- A shorter and smaller pageant within the Netherlands reported related procedures and nonetheless noticed a spike in circumstances, CNBC reported.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Regardless of a troubling rise in COVID-19 circumstances throughout the nation, summer season music festivals are again in full drive, and Thursday marked the beginning of one of many greatest.
Chicago’s four-day Lollapalooza music pageant kicked off Thursday within the metropolis’s Grant Park, the place roughly 100,000 attendees are anticipated every day.
The favored pageant is again at full capability after being canceled final 12 months through the top of the pandemic. This weekend’s occasion is anticipated to be one of many largest gatherings within the nation for the reason that pandemic started.
Amid considerations of rising COVID-19 circumstances and the unfold of the extremely transmissible Delta variant, pageant officers are requiring attendees to indicate proof of vaccination or a unfavorable COVID take a look at if unvaccinated, in keeping with the pageant web site. Those that haven’t been vaccinated are additionally required to put on face masks all through the pageant.
https://www.insider.com/photos-show-maskless-lollapalooza-crowds-amid-concerns-of-covid-spread-2021-7 | Images Present Maskless Lollapalooza Crowds Amid Issues of COVID Unfold