Penelope Cruz only the fondest memories of the times she and fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld shared before his death.
The actress was honored for her work at the 14th annual Museum of Modern Art Film Benefits presented by Chanel, the fashion house where Lagerfeld serves as creative director, in New York City on Tuesday Three, where she recalled the last time she and the designer. together. “Actually, my last day with him was in New York,” she said Everyone at the event. “We went for a walk in Central Park at 12 o’clock at night and it was truly magical.” Lagerfeld died in Paris in February 2019 at the age of 85 from complications of pancreatic cancer.
For the occasion, raising funds to add new films to MoMA’s collection, Cruz wore a custom Chanel gown in honor of Lagerfeld and the brand that hosted the evening. The Oscar winner, and Chanel ambassador, wore a red marble gown inspired by the brand’s Fall/Winter 2020/2021 collection with an open back and studded neckline. gems take over 700 hours to craft.
Cruz had also previously paid tribute to his late friend by walking in Chanel’s final show after Lagerfeld’s post. “I did it when Karl was leaving us and it was really special,” she said of her appearance on the catwalk in which she wore a white tiered and bubble skirt, carrying a single white rose. The actress, who was appointed as a Chanel brand ambassador along with Margot Robbie and Kristen Stewart in 2018, added, “They [have] Incredible history and fashion. They are so talented [and] good people. I have known them since 1992. I feel very honored to be a part of the brand.”
Right after entering the program, Cruz told WWD, “I felt both laughing and crying when I saw all the people who loved him together to celebrate him. But witnessing all of this was also the beginning of something else, all of which he had created all these years. ” She added, “We all know he is a genius, but when you spend time with him, you discover another side of kindness and sweetness. Especially, over the past year of working with him, we have become close, we have a very strong bond. I love all the conversations I will have with him, he knows so much about everything, and still has so much curiosity to keep learning. ”
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Resurrection by Guru Jagat
– Billie Eilish Sit for Same interview for the fifth year
– How Princess Charlene’s Illness Becoming an International Mystery?
– Experiment by Ghislaine Maxwell: A A fresh look at Epstein’s MO
– The Best gifts for women Give and Take this holiday season
– Internet reception Donald Trump Jr. and LeBron James
– 72 hours Inside the Spend-athon at Art Basel Miami Beach
– The Renaissance of Claire’s Y2K Beauty Aesthetic Here
– From the Archive: The Paradoxical Life and Death of Robert Maxwell
– Registration for “Purchase Line” to receive curated lists of fashion, books, and beauty supplies in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/12/penelope-cruz-karl-lagerfeld-chanel-last-time-together-before-death Penélope Cruz recalls the “magical” night she spent with Karl Lagerfeld shortly before his death