NORTHEAST OHIO (WJW) — The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention has modified its masking steerage, now recommending vaccinated individuals put on masks indoors in locations the place the coronavirus is surging — largely as a result of delta variant — throughout the nation.
However the place are these surging areas?
The CDC says a considerable or excessive surge space is a location the place there are 50 circumstances of COVID-19 per 100,000 individuals by a 7-day interval. And up to now, in response to a map displaying the up-to-date ranges of neighborhood transmission in each county, most of Northeast Ohio has not made it to the very best surge ranges.
As seen within the map beneath, most Northeast Ohio counties are within the average, or yellow, degree. Nevertheless, Trumbull, Mahoning, Ashland and Columbiana Counties have made it to the very best ranges. Solely Holmes County has been designated at a low transmission degree.
Right here’s a breakdown of transmission degree for some Northeast Ohio counties for the dates of July 19-July 25:
- Cuyahoga County – 39.51 circumstances per 100k individuals (51.6% individuals totally vaccinated)
- Lake County – 37.80 circumstances per 100k individuals (52.9% inhabitants totally vaccinated)
- Summit County – 26.62 circumstances per 100k individuals (50% inhabitants totally vaccinated)
- Lorain County – 48.09 circumstances per 100k individuals (50.2% inhabitants totally vaccinated)
- Medina County – 43.95 circumstances per 100k individuals (51.5% inhabitants totally vaccinated)
- Stark County – 42.09 circumstances per 100k individuals (43% inhabitants totally vaccinated)
Ohio counties alongside the West Virginia and Kentucky border are seemingly extra more likely to be designated on the crimson or orange ranges, as seen on the map.
Searching at the remainder of the nation, the virus is surging notably excessive in southern and southwest states. There are 46.43% of U.S. counties at the moment on the excessive (crimson) transmission degree, and 17.02% of counties on the substantial (orange) degree.
Discover the map right here to search out out extra about your county’s COVID transmission and vaccination charges.
At the moment, most masks mandates have been lifted in Ohio. Nevertheless, the Ohio Division of Well being recommends all unvaccinated individuals put on masks whereas out in public.
Recommend a Correction
https://fox8.com/information/coronavirus/wearing-a-mask-in-northeast-ohio-cdc-map-shows-which-counties-have-highest-covid-transmission-rates/ | Ohio highest coronavirus circumstances