The 2021 MTG World Championship is ready to showcase Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Draft and Magic: The Gathering Commonplace Constructed play, that includes a complete of 16 rivals from across the globe.
Scheduled to happen from Oct. 8 to 10, the Magic World Championship XXVII will characteristic three rounds of MID Restricted Draft and two days of Commonplace Constructed gameplay. In contrast to earlier MTG Worlds, the prize pool has been lowered to a complete of $250,000 with the addition of a $50,000 appearance fee awarded to every of the 16 gamers who certified. Rivals earned a seat on the World Championship XXVII through the MPL and Rivals League season, together with prime finishes within the Challenger, MPL, and Rivals Gauntlet tournaments.
How one can watch the MTG 2021 World Championship
Happening over the course of three days, Wizards of the Coast will characteristic a major broadcast on Twitch. No beginning time or particulars on who’s casting the match have been launched at time of writing. We’ll replace this text with new data upon its launch.
Who’s competing on the MTG World Championship XXVVII?
A complete of 16 gamers from world wide have certified to compete within the 2021 MTG World Championship. Based mostly on factors earned all through the 2020-21 season, the highest 4 rivals within the MPL and Rivals League earned a seat. Three MTG Gauntlet tournaments decided the opposite eight seats.
- Ondřej Stráský: MPL season qualifier
- Paulo Vitor Damo Da Rosa: MPL season qualifier
- Gabriel Nassif: MPL season qualifier
- Seth Manfield: MPL season qualifier
- Eli Kassis: Rivals League season qualifier
- Stanislav Cifka: Rivals League season qualifier
- Matt Sperling: Rivals League season qualifier
- Yuta Takahashi: Rivals League season qualifier
- Jan Merkel: Rivals League Gauntlet
- Yoshihiko Ikawa: MPL Gauntlet
- Sato Rei: MPL Gauntlet
- Jean-Emmanuel Depraz: MPL Gauntlet
- Sam Pardee: Challenger Gauntlet
- Noriyuki Mori: Challenger Gauntlet
- Arne Huschenbeth: Challenger Gauntlet
- Keisuke Sato: Challenger Gauntlet
What’s the format on the 2021 Magic World Championship?
Restricted Draft returns to the MTG World Championship through the first day of competitors. A complete of three rounds shall be performed, that includes gameplay through the brand new Commonplace-legal set, Innistrad: Midnight Hunt. Two rounds of Commonplace Constructed will even happen on the primary day of the competitors.
Day two will showcase 5 Swiss rounds within the Commonplace Constructed format. Gamers with seven wins will advance to the playoffs on day three. The third day will showcase a top-four double-elimination bracket playoff to find out the 2021 Magic world champion.
https://dotesports.com/mtg/information/mtg-2021-world-championship-xxvii-formats-players-and-schedule | MTG 2021 World Championship XXVII: Codecs, gamers, and schedule