Five days ago, Microsoft today announced the release of v0.51.0 which introduces some new things related to Microsoft mouse gadgets. First Microsoft added a presentation mode helper to highlight your mouse when you click. Microsoft has also added additional settings for Find My Mouse to enable even more customization.
Microsoft is also working on an “Always on Top” system to help make any window you want to be on top.
Unfortunately, that release had some stability issues, which resulted in Microsoft releasing a minor update, PowerToys v0.5.1.1 to fix the following issues:
- FancyZone loses layout due to init VirtualDesktopManager
- This issue seems to be caused by FancyZones not starting automatically when you start it, due to a conflict with Virtual Desktop Manager.
- PowerToys Running due to duplicate of older plugins
- This second problem is where newer versions of PowerToys cannot remove older plugins, resulting in plugins not starting.
PowerToys v0.51.0 is of course a pretty good version but it was released with the following changelog.
Things need to notice
- Microsoft has moved their localization internal service and is working on adding automatic integrations back.
- The system tray and settings use the same language to enable everything.
- New formats added to copy colors as actual or decimal values.
- The color adjustment window now accepts lowercase HEX codes.
- New window switching function! Users can now assign multiple windows to an area and cycle between them using Victory + PgDn / PgUp commands by default.
- Added functionality for areas using the system’s prominent colors and themes.
- Added a visual preview of the area appearance in the settings menu.
- Fixed FancyZones crashing on launch.
- Fixed image resizing creating empty folders.
- Added option to remove unnecessary metadata. Helps significantly reduce the size of files.
- Fixed an issue caused by Image Resizer receiving an unexpected property type or value.
- Find My Mouse: Improved functionality to fire when the user configures a double-click time above 100ms.
- Find My Mouse: Fixed display on all virtual desktops instead of just the virtual desktop where it was created.
- Find My Mouse: New setting to enable more customizations based on your feedback.
- Minor UI tweaks for icons, fluent look, Control Use and describe the utility.
- New PowerToy Mouse Marker! When enabled, enable mouse highlighting with Victory + Change + NS by default to start displaying visual cues on your screen when left or right clicked. There is a much more powerful tool called SysInternal ZoomIt that’s also very helpful.
- Improved rename performance! This is currently on par (or better) with the previous version based on multiple tests.
- Added keyboard accelerator with Into the and Control + Into the to perform the renaming.
- UI tweaks to now add selected item count, gridlines for improved readability, reduced font sizes & margins, and improved window sizes.
- Fixed UI focus issue.
- Added default window width and height.
- Added PowerRename event logging for BugReportTool
- New entries are added to the settings plugin.
- Added support for handling application URIs like
- Added DevContainer workspace to VSCode Workspace Plugin search results.
- Fixes for crashing issues.
- Added rounded corners to keys and tooltips as well as a system accent color for the desktop background.
- Fixed the default settings window size to prevent it from opening to the desktop.
Mute video conferencing
- Minor UI tweaks for icons, clear buttons, and overlay image selection.
- Always based on top prototypes being actively worked on. Right now you press a key combination and it will activate it. Microsoft is also working on ways to highlight the window in some form.
You can download the latest version from GitHub here.
https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-release-powertoys-v0-51-1-with-stability-fixes/ Microsoft releases PowerToys v0.51.1 with stability fixes