Microsoft announced today that it has finally brought the Microsoft Teams Android app to par with the iOS app by making Custom Wallpapers available on that operating system.
The feature will begin rolling out in mid-November and is expected to be completed by the end of November.
To change your background, your Android device must have the following:
- Teams mobile app for Android (version 1416 / 188.8.131.521143402 or later)
- Android version 10 and above
- Qualcomm Adreno 610 or higher
- Arm Mali-G71 and above
- Arm Mali-T720 and above
How to change your background in Microsoft Teams for Android before a meeting starts
- While you’re setting up your video and audio before joining the meeting, select Background effects near the top of the screen.
Your background preferences appear below your image.
- Selection Vague to blur your background. You will appear beautiful and clear while everything behind you is subtly concealed.
You can also replace your background with one of the images provided or with one of your own choice.
To use your own image, select the plus sign, then choose an image to upload from your device. Make sure it’s a .JPG, .PNG, or .BMP file.
- Selection Accomplished.
Your new background will persist in all your meetings and calls until you change it back.
To disable background effects, select .
How to change your background in Microsoft Teams for Android during a meeting or call
- Go to your meeting or call controls and select Another choice > Background effects .
- Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
This feature may not be available because your Microsoft Teams administrator forbids custom wallpapers in the custom background policy that has been set for all other Teams Customers.
https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-is-rolling-out-custom-backgrounds-to-microsoft-teams-on-android/ | Microsoft is rolling out Custom Wallpapers for Microsoft Teams on Android