Microsoft today released Microsoft Edge Build 96.0.1054.29 as part of their 4-week regular update cycle.
The update brings Webview improvements, new PWA features, and Quick Links to Office apps, but what’s most exciting is that there could be a new Super Dooper Secure Mode that users can enable on different devices. dodgy website.
Super Duper security mode in Edge disables JIT and enables new security mitigations. These include enabling new Control Execution Technology (CET) in Edge rendering and in the future adding support for Web Assembly, Arbitrary Code Guard (ACG), and security mitigations other new.
Microsoft hopes Super Duper Security Mode will be “something that changes the modern mining landscape and dramatically increases the cost of mining for attackers.”
See the full changelog below:
- Cloud site list management for IE mode in Public Preview. Cloud site list management allows you to manage your site listings for IE mode in the cloud without the need for on-premises infrastructure to host your organization’s site listings. You can access the Cloud Site List Management feature using the Microsoft Edge Site List experience in the Microsoft 365 admin center. To learn more, see Cloud Site List Management for IE Mode (Public Preview) article.
- Improved portability between IE mode and modern browsers. Starting with this version of Microsoft Edge, navigating between Microsoft Edge mode and Internet Explorer will include form data and additional HTTP headers. The referrer header, post data, form data, and request method will be correctly forwarded across the two experiences. You can specify what data types should be included using the InternetExplorerIntegrationComplexNavDataTypes policy. For more information, see this FAQ: My application requires to transfer POST data between IE and Microsoft Edge mode. Is this supported?
- Update Microsoft Edge WebWiew2 using WSUS. IT administrators who use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to update Microsoft Edge will also be able to update Microsoft Edge WebView2 using WSUS. This capability provides administrators with easier maintenance for offline devices.
- Update WSUS for Server. WSUS and Catalog updates for Microsoft Edge channels (Stable, Beta, and Dev) will now apply to Windows Server SKUs that have Microsoft Edge installed, including Windows Server 2022. For more information on setting configure WSUS updates for Microsoft Edge, see Update Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Edge Auto Launch Protocol Component. Microsoft Edge 96 introduces AutoLaunch . protocols Ingredient contains a list of schema-root dictionaries to automatically allow or block. This protects clients from malicious conspiracies (e.g. a 0-day protocol handler) while eliminating prompts from known secure pairings (e.g. the web site of Teams can open the Teams client). If for some reason you don’t want Microsoft Edge to block vulnerable protocol handlers and allow known secure pairing, use the on/off button in edge://settings/content/applicationLinksor put AutoLaunchProtocolsComponentEnabled policy to Sai.
- Launch Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) directly via protocol bindings. Allows installed PWAs to handle links that use a specific protocol for a more integrated experience.
- Quickly view Office files in the browser. Users can now view Office files including documents, spreadsheets, and presentations they encounter while browsing on Microsoft Edge right in the browser, without downloading the file and then opening it in another app . There will be no changes to the file opening experience for Office files stored on OneDrive or SharePoint.
- Freeform markup on PDF. The PDF viewing and markup experience is improved with the addition of free-form markup tools. You can highlight parts of a PDF file that you do not have access to and the document is scanned.
- New warning dialog for typed web pages. The browser will display a warning on some websites whose URLs look very similar to others. This user interface uses client-side heuristics to warn users of sites that may be posing as popular sites. For more information, see What is typing?.
- The dictionary is added to the small toolbar in Immersive Reader. We are adding a dictionary function to the small toolbar to assist you with reading and research. You’ll be able to look up the spelling and definition of words faster and easier in an immersive Reader experience.
- Learn to solve math problems with Math Solver. We’re excited to announce that you can use Math Solver in Microsoft Edge to get help with a wide range of math concepts. These concepts range from basic arithmetic and quadratic equations to trigonometry and calculus. Math Solver lets you take a picture of a handwritten or printed problem, and then provides an instant solution with step-by-step instructions to help you learn how to find the solution without help. Math Solver also comes with a math keyboard that you can use to easily type math problems. This keyboard eliminates the need to rummage around a traditional keyboard to find the math characters you need. After solving your problem, Math Solver provides options to continue learning with quizzes, worksheets, and video tutorials.
You can install the latest version of Edge browser by restarting your browser.
https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-edge-96-stable-with-duper-secure-mode-now-available-changelog/ Microsoft Edge 96 Stable with Duper Confidential Mode now available (change table)