Michael Cohen is taking his time in federal prison and turning it into a hard and cold cryptocurrency.
Former fixer for President Donald Trump partnered with the ArtGrails platform to create several irrefutable tokens from items from his life behind bars, all of which will be on display this week during Art Basel, according to Page six. One of the NFTs included part of Cohen’s handwritten manuscript for his memoir Unfaithful, which he wrote while incarcerated in New York’s Otisville Correctional Institution. There is also an NFT video of Cohen working at the beginning of the memoir in his cell, filmed by an “unnamed colleague,” according to ArtGrails, shortly before the fired lawyer was brought to the apartment. his Park Avenue household to serve the rest of his sentence. Cohen’s prison badge is also being offered as an NFT for sale later this month.
A VIP party hosted by ArtGrails in Miami’s design district on December 3 will feature a live video appearance of Cohen, who will read his manuscript aloud and answer some questions from the audience. Bidding on Cohen’s Unfaithful-NFT related starts Wednesday on the ArtGrails website and prison badge NFTs will be available for sale starting December 12. All works will also be on display at a pop-up exhibition in Miami begins Wednesday and runs through December 12.
Avery Andon, an art consultant and one of the founders of ArtGrails told Page six, “So far, most political figures have stayed away from the NFT – but you’ll see it becoming more popular with politics”. Cohen also explained to the outlet that the project, “merges art, technology, and politics into one,” and that he has additional “material that people would consider historic” that he intends to release it as an NFT in the near future. He added, “The goal is to create a political NFT scenario that is clearly historically relevant.” In December 2018, Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison for tax fraud and other charges. He was released to house arrest in May 2020 due to concerns about COVID-19. He recently completed his time and is currently on supervised release.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Architect Zaha Hadid’s Rising Dreams in the desert
– Collector or Thief? Inside Queen Mary’s Royal Collection
– Princess Charlene’s Medical Saga Has become more complicated
– 12 essentials Fitness equipment is recruited from coaches on request, Dancers and more
– Iman on Life with David Bowie and A Celebration of Her Love in Perfume
– Taylor Swift, “Unsolicited Mess” and Asphyxiation by Girlboss Anachronisms
– Good Newsletter exit strategy It’s hard to find
– Britney Spears celebrates End of conservation responsibility
– Books to read this month And pre-order gifts to buy
– From the Repository: L’Affaire Kardashian
– Registration for “Purchase line“To receive curated fashion, book, and beauty listings in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/12/michael-cohen-nfts-prison-badge-disloyal-memoir-manuscript-artgrails Michael Cohen’s prison badge to be sold as NFT