So who’s Hochul, and what ought to New Yorkers find out about their new chief?
- Political profession: The Buffalo native served on the Hamburg city board after which as Erie County clerk. She was elected to Congress after successful a particular election in 2011, however misplaced her reelection bid. Cuomo decide her as lieutenant governor in 2014, and he or she held the workplace for the previous seven years.
- Private life: The 62-year-old comes from an Irish Catholic household and is considered one of six siblings. She and her husband, Invoice, have two grownup kids, Will and Katie. She has a bachelor’s diploma from Syracuse College and legislation diploma from Catholic College.
- Relationship with Cuomo: Hochul is just not thought of to be a part of Cuomo’s internal circle, and he or she was not talked about in his memoir or the attorney general’s report. When he announced his resignation, she tweeted, “I imagine it’s applicable and in the most effective curiosity of the state of New York.”
- Repute: Hochul spent much of the last nearly seven years on the road, visiting the entire state’s 62 counties yearly. As CBS2’s Political Reporter Marcia Kramer experiences, she is taken into account extra average than her predecessor.
- Agenda: Hochul advised reporters Tuesday her priorities embrace “how we’ll be combatting COVID, how we get direct help to New Yorkers extra rapidly, and altering the tradition of Albany.” She has additionally mentioned she supports masks in schools, and he or she shall be tasked with figuring out the future of congestion pricing.
Tune in to CBS2 and CBSN New York for her afternoon press convention at 3 p.m. Tuesday.
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/08/24/kathy-hochul-new-york-governor-5-things-to-know/ | Meet New York’s New Governor Kathy Hochul – CBS New York