One of the earliest promising missions in Icarus called Livewire Terrain Scan. In it, you will have to buy Radar and search for three scan locations on the map. This is ours Icarus guide to help you with the Livewire Terrain Scan mission.
Note: We will have a Icarus Tutorials and central features soon, so stay tuned.
Icarus: Livewire Terrain Scanning Prospect Mission Guide – Scanning and Radar Locations
Before you start with the Livewire Terrain Scan mission in Icarus, Would you like level up a bit first so you’ve got points to unlock crafting items on the tech tree. When you’re ready, start the appropriate task.
You will find Radar pretty close to the northwest of your dropship. After you interact with it, pick up the device that will be assigned to your “G” hotkey.
Next, three scan locations will appear on the map (see image below). One is pretty close, but two are further away. At this point, you may want to prepare for the journey ahead:
- Stone Ax (10x thread, 4x stick, 8x stone), Wooden Bow (30x thread, 24x stick) and Stone Arrow (1x thread, 1x stick, 1x stone) or Bone Arrow (1x thread, 1x stick, 5x bone) – These are the ones you usually use in case you need to fight/hunt wild animals.
- Campfire (8x yarn, 8x stick, 24x stone) – You’ll need one to cook food along the way.
- Oxides – Keep a few of these in your inventory to restore oxygen.
- Bedroll (20x yarn, 10x stick, 20x fur, 10x skin) and various wooden furniture – Keep at least one bedroll so it can be used as a bedroll temporary spawn point. In addition, you can also build a small shelter if you want.
Scanning locations and wildlife
Visit any of the three locations marked for the Livewire Terrain Sweep mission in Icarus. In each location you will see a device that allows you to place the Radar that you receive. Once it is “active”, press “E” to activate it.
After activating the beacon, run after it and try to follow it a few meters away. The device will charge from 0 to 100%. However, at 50%, wildlife will miraculously reproduced right next to it, causing it to stop working. They’ll kill you to death if you’re found, that’s why you want to keep shrinking.
Here are the animals in each area:
- Scan Location #1 (L11/12 – north of dropship) – Two bears.
- Scan Location #2 (Q10 – northeast) – Four wolves.
- Scan Location #3 (I13 – southwest around the mountain) – Two cougars.
The pack of wolves and two cougars can be destroyed by sneaking with your bow. A clean headshot should be enough to kill every mob. The bears are an entirely different matter. If you can’t get them out quickly, you’ll just get ripped off. At the very least, having a temporary shelter and spawn point will help you in case you die.
Likewise, you can sneak past the animals as they will wander off after a few seconds. You can then press “E” to reactivate the device. When it reaches 100%, hold “F” to bring it back to your inventory. Once you’ve completed all three areas, return to the dropship to complete the Livewire Terrain Sweep quest in Icarus.
Note: You will unlock some new Prospect quests such as Elimination of the Elimination List, as well as currency for the Orbital Workshop. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug that prevents people from receiving monetary rewards if they are playing offline.
Icarus available through Steam.
Source link Livewire Terrain Scan Guide – Scanning Locations and Radar