Prior to Kirsten DunstMary Jane Watson’s turn in 2002 Spiderman, she has had prominent roles in Virgin suicides, Little woman, and Interview with a Vampire (for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe). Despite this achievement, the actress said she was paid significantly less than Tobey Maguire, her co-star in the superhero movie. “The pay gap between me and Spider-Man is huge,” Dunst revealed in a recent interview with The Independent.
Dunst will return to the role of beloved actress in Maguire’s drama Peter Parker in 2004 Spider-Man 2 and 2007 Spider-Man 3. At the time, “I didn’t even think about it,” she said of the pay gap. “I was just like, ‘Oh yeah, Tobey’s playing Spider-Man.’ But you know who was on the cover of the second season Spiderman poster? Spider-Man and I. Dunst previously addressed the franchise’s pay disparity in a 2017 interview with Diversity. “Because I was young, I thought, ‘Oh, I get paid a lot for Spiderman movies,” she recalls. “But certainly the men get paid more.”
The actress, who is currently in the conversation about the Oscars for Jane Campion‘NS The power of the dog, said Spiderman The production team also asked her to fix her crooked teeth for filming. “I’m like, ‘Mmmmm, no, I like my teeth,'” says Dunst The Independent, note that Virgin suicide manager Sofia Coppola complimented her smile. “The fact that the coolest girl likes how I look, that’s what protected me. She makes me feel beautiful. As a 16 year old girl, you feel like crap, don’t you? So my first experience of a more ‘sexy’ role, through her eyes, gave me confidence and helped me deal with a lot of other things. “
Dunst is one of a number of female stars who have spoken out about the pay gap in Hollywood in recent years. Others who have highlighted the issue include Crown‘NS Claire Foy, who is pay less than co-stars Carpenter, and Michelle Williams, who created a mini game $1,000 for reshoots above All the money in the world compare to Mark Wahlberg$1.5 million. Dunst has yet to disclose the extent of the disparity between her and Maguire’s earnings.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Played the role of Princess Diana Was Fairy Tales by Kristen Stewart
– Remembering Halyna Hutchins, Rust Cinematographer killed in tragic scene
– How Edie Falco Hillary Clinton is protected above Impeachment
– NS Five favorite moments in Gwyneth Paltrow’s New Show
– Review: There No Life in Chloe Zhao’s the eternal
– NS The end of Army of Thieves (and Its Origin)
– First look at Harry Connick Jr. in Annie Live!
– From the Archives: Unearth the Private Saga of The very public marriage of the Clintons
– Want to be obsessed with the best of television? Sign up here to receive text messages from Still watching server or text (213) 652-6731.
– Register Newsletter “HWD Daily” on the must-read industry and the scope of the awards — along with the weekly special edition of “Awards Insider.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/11/kirsten-dunst-tobey-maguire-spider-man-pay-gap | Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire had a ‘very harsh’ pay gap on ‘Spider-Man’