Mayim Bialik will lord over Jeopardy!‘s first-ever Professors Event, a 10-day occasion pitting instructors from 15 faculties and universities towards each other in “the last word check of upper training.”
Starting Monday, Dec. 6 and airing on consecutive weeknights by way of Friday, Dec. 17, the match will culminate in a $100,000 grand prize. The winner may also advance to the upcoming Event of Champions.
“It was an unbelievable thrill to see so many good professors from every kind of colleges and backgrounds come collectively on the Jeopardy! stage,” Bialik mentioned in a press release. “There was a way of kinship and tutorial camaraderie among the many group, together with a wholesome dose of competitiveness. That vitality made this inaugural Professors Event extremely particular.”
The 15 educators set to compete are as follows:
* J.P. Allen, a Professor of Enterprise on the College of San Francisco in San Francisco, Calif.
* Hester Blum, a Professor of English at Penn State College in College Park, Pa.
* Sam Buttrey, a Professor of Operations Analysis on the Naval Postgraduate College in Monterey, Calif.
* Marti Canipe, a Professor of Elementary Science at Northern Arizona College in Flagstaff, Ariz.
* Lisa Dresner, an Affiliate Professor of Writing at Hofstra College in Hempstead, N.Y.
* Ramón Guerra, a Professor of English, Literature, and Latino Research on the College of Nebraska-Omaha in Omaha, Neb.
* Gautam Hans, an Affiliate Medical Professor of Regulation at Vanderbilt Regulation College in Nashville, Tenn.
* John Harkless, an Affiliate Professor of Chemistry at Howard College in Washington, D.C.
* Ed Hashima, a Professor of Historical past at American River Faculty in Sacramento, Calif.
* Gary Hollis, a Professor of Chemistry at Roanoke Faculty in Salem, Va.
* Alisa Hove, a Professor of Botany at Warren Wilson Faculty in Asheville, N.C.
* Ashleigh Lawrence-Sanders, an Assistant Professor of U.S. and African American Historical past at College of Colorado-Boulder in Boulder, Colo.
* Katie Reed, an Affiliate Professor of Musicology at California State College Fullerton in Fullerton, Calif.
* Deborah Steinberger, a Professor of French Literature on the College of Delaware in Newark, Del.
* Julia Williams, a Professor of English at Rose-Hulman Institute of Know-how in Terre Haute, Ind.
As beforehand reported, Bialik and Ken Jennings are splitting Jeopardy! hosting duties for (at the very least) the rest of 2021. Bialik hosted from Sept. 20-Nov. 5, earlier than Jennings returned to the rostrum on Nov. 8.
https://tvline.com/2021/11/11/jeopardy-professors-tournament-premiere-date-mayim-bialik-hosting/ | ‘Jeopardy!’ Declares First Professors Event, Starting Dec. 6