A pair years in the past, I had a run-in with doubtlessly poisonous cookware.
I used to be staying in an Airbnb in Washington, DC, with two buddies from school. We did not purchase many kitchen provides for our three-month keep, so on the uncommon events once we used the oven, we’d make do with a nonstick pot meant for the range.
One evening, we used the pot to bake some tater tots at round 425°F. After about quarter-hour, we observed an amazing chemical scent. Panic ensued as we tried to air out any doubtlessly harmful fumes.
A Google search revealed we had been proper to fret.
Overheating nonstick cookware at 570°F or larger results in the discharge of dangerous chemical compounds that may trigger an sickness known as “Teflon flu,” or polymer fume fever. Fortunately, we did not use such a excessive temperature, and the scent quickly abated.
https://www.insider.com/how-to-avoid-household-products-that-contain-toxic-pfas-chemicals-2021-7 | Gadgets in Your House That Could Comprise Poisonous PFAS Eternally Chemical substances