To unlock the trial version of The Howling Eye (Hard), also known as Garuda HM, you need to accept the quest called “In for Garuda Awakening” from Papalymo in The Waking Sands (X:6.1, Y:5.0).
But before you can accept this quest, you will need to complete some prerequisite quests, so let’s look at the process in detail.
Quick step-by-step unlock instructions
- Complete the Main Scenario Quest “Ultimate Weapon” (MSQ) from Raubahn in North Thanalan (X: 15.0, Y: 16.0)
- Complete the quest “A Repeated Problem” from Minfilia in The Waking Sands (X: 6.9, Y: 6.1)
- Complete the quest “Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It” from Thancred in The Waking Sands (X: 6.1, Y: 5.1)
- Accepting “In for Garuda Awakening” from Papalymo in The Waking Sands (X: 6.1, Y: 5.0)
- Talk to Serpent Commander Vorsaile Heuloix in the Adder’s Nest in New Gridania (X: 9.7, Y: 11.1)
- Familiarize yourself with Natalan Aetheryte in the Central Highlands of Coerthas (X: 34.3, Y: 24.9)
Detailed unlock instructions
To unlock the trial version of The Howling Eye (Hard), you need to do some pre-required quests, starting with the Main Scenario Quest (MSQ) called “Ultimate Weapon” from Raubahn in North Thanalan ( X: 15.0, Y: 16.0).
This MSQ is part of the Main Scenario Quest for patch 2.0, so you need to complete every MSQ leading up to “Ultimate Weapon” before you can unlock the trial.
After completing the MSQ of “The Ultimate Weapon”, you will be able to participate in the Base Quest from Minfilia in The Waking Sands (X: 6.9, Y: 6.1), starting with “A Recurring Problem”.
As the quest name implies, the primates you defeated in the Main Scenario Mission (Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda) will return. In the second duel with the primate trio, you’ll be faced with their Hard Mode versions, starting with Ifrit.
So, after completing the quest from Minfilia, go to Thancred in The Waking Sands (X:6.1, Y:5.1) and accept the quest “Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It”. This quest unlocks the The Bowl of Embers (Hard) trial.
Defeat the Hard Mode version of Lord Inferno in his lair to complete Thancred’s quest.
After you complete the quest “Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It”, go to Papalymo in The Waking Sands (X:6.1, Y:5.0) and accept the quest “In for Garuda Awakening” to begin unlocking the game. trial.
Papalymo will inform you of Ixals’ successful attempt at summoning a more powerful version of the Wind Primordial Garuda. He will tell you that the reincarnated mascot has fortified her domain’s defenses, so flying a ship to her lair won’t work this time.
To confront Garuda again, visit Vorsaile Heuloix in New Gridania (X: 9.7, Y: 11.1) to arrange another encounter with the wind primate.
The Serpent Commander will notify you of Twin Adders’ discovery of an Aetheryte beastman that you can use to re-enter Garuda’s domain.
As directed by Vorsaile, head to the Central Highlands of Coerthas (X: 34.3, Y: 24.9) and admire the Natalan Aetheryte.
After you reach Aetheryte, a trial of The Howling Eye (Hard) will be unlocked, allowing you to battle Garuda’s version of Hard Mode.
To participate in the test, you need to have at least an average level 52 item and a level 50 War Disciple or Spell job.
Test Boss: Garuda (Difficult)
Since the beta was released back in patch 2.0, it is very easy to solo Garuda HM when you enter the test without being synced with a level 90 or higher character. Just use your hardest hitting skills and ignore the mechanics until Garuda is down.
If you’re interested in trying it out while syncing, here’s the mechanism:
Upon entering the test, you will notice four stone pillars near the center of the arena. Keep these pillars in mind throughout the encounter, as they will help you get through some of the mechanics.
- Collapse – Direct attacks cannot be dodged. The main target should face Garuda away from the rest of the party to avoid excess damage.
- Wheel of Evil – An instant AoE attack will damage the player and turrets near Garuda. Keep Garuda away from the center of the room to minimize damage to the stone pillars.
- Slideway – A direct column attack will stun. The main target can avoid this attack by moving through Garuda while she is using it.
- Song Mistral – Garuda will jump to the side of the arena and unleash a powerful attack without telegraphing. Make sure you have a stone pillar between you and Garuda.
- Mistral Shriek – Garuda will teleport to the middle of the arena and perform a massive AoE attack. Alleviate and heal injuries.
- Razor Plumes – Plume mobs appear after Garuda teleports and uses “Mistral Song” or “Mistral Shriek”
- The challenge – A full defense AoE attack will destroy all turrets in the arena. Hold as many turrets as possible to reduce the damage of “Reckoning”.
After Garuda uses “Aerial Blast”, the second phase of the battle will begin.
Four tornadoes will appear throughout the arena, cutting through the middle and dividing the arena into three. These whirlwinds will knock back any player who touches them. Move Garuda to one of the safe areas and avoid the whirlwind.
- Chirada and Suparna – Garuda will spawn two minions who can also use some of her abilities, such as “Slipstream” and “Downburst.” Chirada and Suparna will be tied to Garuda with green or red cords. The green lanyard will heal Garuda, while the red rope will increase Garuda’s damage. Kill the green mobs, then the red ones, before attacking Garuda again.
- Satin Plume – Plume mobs spawn with “Razor Plumes” in the second stage. Destroy Satin Plume to avoid trial deletion.
- Eye of the storm – Garuda will summon a vortex around the arena that pushes the player to a safe zone in the middle. Avoid touching the outer edges of the safe zone to avoid unnecessary damage. Chirada and Suparna will also respawn during this period.
|Garuda’s Abandon||Handguns||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Beak||Polearm||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Blood||Katana||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Embrace||Book||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Gaze||Sword||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Honor||Rapier||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Elevator||Star ball||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Pain||Greatsword||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Plumes||Knife||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Scream||Greataxe||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Spine||Bow||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Tail||Sugarcane||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Talons||Fist Weapon||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Van||Staff||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Garuda’s Will||Book||Blue (Primal Gear)|
|Card Garuda||Triple card||Communication|
|Garuda Feather||Crafting materials||Communication|
|Vortex Weapon Coffer||Other||Communication|
https://www.fandomspot.com/ffxiv-unlock-howling-eye-hard/ How to unlock the Howling Eye (Hard) in FFXIV – FandomSpot