Kugane Ohashi, also known as Yojimbo Trial, is unlocked through the side quest The Past is Never Past. This quest can be obtained from Nashu in Kugane (X:10.4, Y:8.2) and is part of the Hildibrand quest line.
In the Hildibrand quests you will join the extraordinary inspector Hildibrand Manderville and his assistant Nashu. New adventures with the Inspector are usually added in post-expansion patches, with the exception of Shadowbringers.
Kugane Ohashi is part of the series of quests added during the post-Stormblood patches. As such, you must complete the Stormblood main scenario quest and be current with previous Hildibrand quests to begin this story.
Quick step-by-step guide on how to unlock
- Complete the main scenario quest “Stormblood”.
- Complete the story “Hildibrand Quests” of A Realm Reborn
- Complete the Heavensward “More Hildibrand Quests” storyline
- Travel to Kugane and speak to the conspicuously inconspicuous man at (X:10.6, Y:9.8)
- Accept and complete the quest A Hingan Tale: Nashu Goes East
- Complete the quest “Life imitates art imitates life” from Nashu in Kugane (X11.7, Y:8.8)
- Complete the quest “Of Wolves and Gentlemen” from Nashu in Kugane (X11.7, Y:8.8)
- Complete the quest “In the Eye of Hingan” from Shigure in Kugane (X:13.2, Y:13.3)
- Complete Shigure’s quest “The Blade Mislaid” in Kugane (X:9.9, Y:7.8)
- Complete Shigure’s quest “The Black Heart Beneath” in Kugane (X:12.5, Y:8.1)
- Complete Hildibrand’s quest “Good Swords, Good Dogs” in Kugane (X:12.1, Y:6.0)
- Accept the quest The Past Is Never Past from Nashuin Kugane (X:10.4, Y:8.2)
- Catch up with Hildibrand in Kugane (X:12.2, Y:14.9)
Once you have completed the Stormblood main scenario quest and completed previous Hildibrand quests, travel to Kugane to speak with the Conspicuously Inconspicuous Man at (X:10.6, Y:9.8). He will offer you the quest A Hingan Tale: Nashu Goes East.
Accept this quest to start the Stormblood chapter of Inspector Hildibrand’s Adventures. These quests take place in the Far East and tell the story of a thief trying to steal the Soboro Sukehiro, a legendary katana.
Most quests are fairly easy and mostly require you to follow quest markers and question nearby NPCs. Once you’ve completed the Good Swords, Good Dogs quest, go to Kugane (X:10.4, Y:8.2) to speak with Nashu and begin The Past Is Never Gone.
At this point in the story, Hildibrand has begun inspecting the businessman named Akebono.
Though you and the investigator are having trouble making headway in this endeavor, Nashu receives a message from someone claiming to possess the Soboro Sukehiro.
The author of this note also calls for a duel with the “something-something of the light”. Hildibrand believes this is addressed to him and runs off to accept the challenge.
Follow Hildy and you’ll find him in a well-known predicament just outside the Garlean Consulate in Kugane (X:12.2, Y:14.9). Seeing unable to continue, the Inspector Extraordinaire leaves it up to you to face this challenger.
You can now access Kugane Ohashi in the Duty Finder.
Rewards from Kugane Ohashi
Defeating the Kugane Ohashi Trial will spawn a treasure chest containing loot, just like most other trials.
However, there is only one item that can be found in the chest – the Yojimbo harness.
This item allows your chocobo companion to wear armor similar to Yojimbo’s clothing. Each group member will cast lots for a chance to get the armor.
Apart from the Yojimbo Armor, every player has a chance to get the Stormblood Gilgamesh card. This is a 4-star Triple Triad card that goes straight into your inventory when it drops.
Additionally, defeating Yojimbo will allow you to advance the story of Hildibrand. The quest that follows The Past Is Never Gone is called Don’t Do the Dewprism and concludes the Stormblood chapter of Hildibrand’s Adventures.
Completing “Don’t do the Tau Prism” will reward you with the Manderville Mambo emote.
https://www.fandomspot.com/ffxiv-unlock-kugane-ohashi/ How to Unlock Kugane Ohashi (Yojimbo Trial) – FandomSpot