From a security and safety viewpoint, it’s best to all the time use a display lock together with some type of biometric authentication in your Android system to forestall anybody else from accessing it. Nevertheless, there will be conditions the place you wish to double down on safety and conceal an put in app from prying eyes.
Maybe you wish to cover the banking apps in your cellphone for extra safety simply in case somebody can bypass the display lock. Otherwise you wish to cover all of the video games that you simply spend hours taking part in in your cellphone out of your mother and father.
Regardless of the case, here is how one can simply cover put in apps in your Android system to make sure nobody can entry them however you.
Hiding Apps on Android: The Execs and Cons
Hiding an app in your Android system will forestall it from exhibiting up within the app drawer. In some circumstances, you’ll have to entry one other hidden app drawer from the place you can open the hidden apps.
Some telephones solely assist you to cover apps and don’t supply any technique to entry them once more, whereas others can even assist you to lock hidden apps in order that they can’t be simply accessed.
In case your Android system comes with quite a lot of pre-installed bloatware that can’t be disabled, you possibly can cover them out of your app drawer to scrub it up. You can even cover your banking apps, password supervisor, and different apps containing delicate info for extra safety.
Some Android telephones assist you to natively cover put in apps. In case the function isn’t current in your cellphone, you should utilize a third-party launcher like Nova or Microsoft Launcher. In case you are not sure of which Android launcher to strive, try our roundup of the best minimalist Android launchers.
Other than letting you cover apps, these third-party launchers additionally supply a plethora of different new options and customization choices, together with the flexibility to make use of third-party icon packs, match extra apps on your own home display, use customized gestures, and extra.
Find out how to Cover Apps on Samsung Telephones
All Samsung telephones supply the flexibility to cover put in apps from the app drawer. The method is comparatively simple as effectively.
- Lengthy press on an empty space on the house display of your Samsung system. Faucet on Settings from the menu that pops up on the backside.
- Scroll down and faucet the Cover apps choice while you discover it. Now, proceed to pick out the apps that you simply’d like to cover.
- Faucet on Achieved when you’re accomplished choosing all of the apps that you simply wish to cover.
That is about it. You might have now hidden all of the apps you chose. One advantage of Samsung’s implementation is that the hidden apps is not going to present up within the app drawer search outcomes. Nevertheless, they may present up within the search outcomes of different third-party common search apps and underneath Settings > Apps.
Samsung doesn’t supply a hidden app drawer from the place you possibly can entry hidden apps, which implies accessing hidden apps goes to be a chore. You possibly can all the time use Google search or every other common search app to work round this drawback although.
Find out how to Cover Apps on OnePlus Telephones
OnePlus provides a Hidden House function on its Android gadgets the place you possibly can cover put in apps. This hidden house may also be protected by a password for extra safety.
- Do a pinch-out gesture on the house display of your OnePlus system. This may deliver up the hidden house. Alternatively, open the app drawer and swipe to the correct.
- Proceed to faucet the + icon and choose the apps that you simply wish to cover. Affirm your choice by tapping the test icon on the top-right nook.
- The hidden house isn’t password protected by default. If you wish to accomplish that, faucet the 3-dot menu button on the top-right nook and faucet the Allow password choice.
- Proceed to substantiate your identification by coming into your system unlock sample or by scanning your fingerprint. This may allow password lock for hidden house. Sadly, you can’t create a separate password for hidden house, one which’s completely different out of your system’s unlock sample/password.
Now you can entry the hidden house by way of a pinch-out gesture on the house display of your OnePlus cellphone or by swiping proper within the app drawer.
When you enabled password lock for hidden house, you will need to enter the password/sample or scan your fingerprint for authentication functions.
Find out how to Cover Apps on Android Utilizing Nova Launcher
If the default launcher in your Android system doesn’t supply the choice to cover put in apps, you will have to make use of a third-party launcher like Nova. After you have downloaded and put in the free Nova Launcher from Google Play, set it because the default launcher in your Android system. Then comply with the under steps to cover any put in app.
- Open the Nova Launcher settings utilizing a two-finger swipe-up gesture on the house display. Alternatively, you possibly can long-press on an empty space of the house display after which faucet Settings.
- From the Nova Settings menu, navigate to the App drawer menu. Scroll right down to the very backside the place you will discover the Cover apps choice underneath Apps. Faucet on it.
- A listing of all of the apps put in in your Android system will probably be proven. Choose the apps that you simply wish to cover from the app drawer. Merely return to avoid wasting the adjustments.
Now, all of the apps you chose will probably be hidden from the app drawer. Sadly, this technique has its personal set of limitations. When you use any common search app or Nova’s built-in app search, the hidden app will probably be proven within the outcomes.
It is usually attainable to seek out the itemizing of the hidden app underneath Settings > Apps of your Android system.
Find out how to Cover Apps on Android Utilizing Microsoft Launcher
When you use Microsoft Launcher as an alternative, you possibly can comply with the under steps to cover apps in your Android system. Not one of the hidden apps will present up in Microsoft Launcher’s app drawer search as effectively.
- Lengthy press on an empty space of your own home display. Then faucet on Launcher Settings from the menu that pops up.
- Navigate to Home display > Hidden apps.
- Faucet on Cover apps and proceed to pick out the apps that you simply’d like to cover. Faucet on Achieved on the top-right nook after that.
Cover Essential Apps on Your Android Machine
You must all the time cover apps containing necessary and delicate information if you wish to forestall anybody from gaining unauthorized entry to it. Whereas not foolproof, the implementation continues to be adequate to forestall anybody from simply accessing it with out the correct technical know-how.
In case your Android system doesn’t supply the choice to cover apps natively, you should utilize one of many various strategies that we’ve talked about above.
Can you lock or unlock your phone with Google Assistant? Or use it from your lockscreen? Here’s what you need to know.
About The Creator
https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-hide-apps-android/ | Find out how to Cover Apps on Android