The Black Hayate Minion is rarely available as a drop from the final chest of the Holminster Switch dungeon. This level 81 dungeon was added in patch 5.0 of the Shadowbringers expansion.
It’s unlocked through the level 81 main scenario quest The Light Keepers, so don’t worry about missing out.
Early on in your exploits of the First you find a world awash with endless light. And with that light came the sin eaters and their masters, the light keepers.
To put an end to the endless war against these monsters, the Crystal Exarch pulled you through the rift.
He sends you to the once sleepy Lakeland town of Holminster, now under siege by hordes of Sin Eaters and their lord – Lightwarden Philia.
You can approach this duty in a number of ways.
Ideally either with a light (or dark) party or by using the Trust system. You can also unsync this duty, but some of the enemies will prove a bit tricky unless you have a more beefy job. Consider tackling it on a tank if you decide to go solo!
Doing light work with the Light Warden
Much like other first dungeons in an FFXIV expansion, this one throws some unfamiliar mechanics at you. It can be a bit unfriendly if you’re not a veteran or haven’t delved too deeply into Trials.
Don’t worry, we’ll show you how to tackle each boss efficiently. And you’ll be playing fetch with your new pup in no time!
- The way of the light – Moderate roomwide AOE. Heal and soothe as needed!
- pillory – A tank buster. Soothe and heal, you know the drill.
- Brazen Taurus – Four orbs appear in the arena and fire cross-shaped AOEs after a delay. These only leave a small wedge on either side of the arena safe.
- wing screw – While Brazen Bull is resolving, the boss will throw an AOE line at one of the two safe spots. It will then zoom to that edge of the arena. There’s a small space toward the corners that’s always safe, so stay there.
- wooden horse – Forgiven Dissonance throws this wide cone AOE in Thumbscrew immediately after the dash, generally toward the center of the arena. Try to stay on his flanks to protect yourself.
Tesleen, the forgiven
- The clit – Tank Buster.
- Scold is brittle – Moderate AOE damage for your party.
- Feverish scourging – Each player in your group will be marked with one to four dots above their head. After a short delay, Tesleen charges at each player in turn, damaging everyone in her path. Spread out in a large square to avoid overlap!
- Exorcise – This attack pictured above requires the party to stack within four circular AOEs in the center of the arena. After that, it leaves a puddle that inflicts the “Bleed” debuff to any player who steps in.
- The Scavenger’s Daughter – Moderate AOE damage for your party.
- headache – Tankbuster, often follows every other mechanic. Plan your personal damage limitation accordingly!
- chain down – A random party member other than the tank will be targeted with a large red marker. After a delay, the player tied upand the rest of the party must destroy the chains that bind them.
- ethersup – A large cone-shaped AOE aimed at the tied player. Extremely high damage that inflicts stacking Vulnerability Up debuffs. This will likely kill any player trapped inside, so hurry.
- Left and right knout – Philia will raise one of his arms and telegraph which side of the arena will be covered in a 180 degree gap. It will also inflict a stun and knock her right in front of the boss. He’ll cast this twice in a row, so go to the side where his arm is down and dodge to the other.
- taphephobia – A targeted circular AOE on a random player. Try to spread yourself out to avoid cutting off others.
- Into the light – A party deck marker in the shape of a line. Have everyone form a vertical line behind the targeted player.
- Fierce thug – Philia will center itself and then a rotating marker will appear indicating which direction it will rotate. He will repeatedly smack his tail behind him while pounding the ground in front. That means you have to stay on the flank opposite the direction he’s turning to avoid certain death.
Once you’ve captured and devoured your first Light Warden and restored night to Lakeland, open the chest.
With any luck, it will contain your Black Hayate Minion.
If not, you must stay on the grind until it falls off.
It should be noted that Trusts don’t roll on loot, so it can be a good option if you need the experience. Whichever method you choose, good luck!
https://www.fandomspot.com/ffxiv-how-to-get-black-hayate-minion/ How to get the Black Hayate Minion? (FFXIV) – Fandom Spot