Microsoft is getting ready to exchange the normal scrollbar in its Edge browser with an overlay scrollbar. The latter seems extra fashionable and doesn’t interrupt your view when you find yourself browsing websites to kill time. If you’re a Microsoft Edge person, right here’s how one can get the overlay scrollbar forward of the final rollout.
Notably, you will get an overlay scrollbar even within the steady channel so long as you utilize Edge 93 or newer variations. The workaround was first pointed out on Reddit by tipster u/Leopeva64-2. We’ve got examined it under on Edge steady model 93.0.961.38. We’ve got additionally detailed an alternate strategy to allow the overlay scrollbar by way of an Edge flag in case you are on Insider channel builds. With that out of the best way, let’s get began!
Get Overlay Scrollbar in Microsoft Edge Secure Model
If you’re on Edge 93 or newer variations within the steady channel, you will get the function by including a parameter in Edge’s shortcut. Right here’s learn how to do it:
1. Proper-click on Edge’s shortcut and select ‘Properties’. You can even use the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut ‘Alt+Enter’ after deciding on the shortcut to open Properties.
2. From the ‘Shortcut’ tab of Edge Properties, click on on the ‘Goal’ subject and paste the next textual content on the finish of the trail:
3. Click on on ‘Apply’ and shut the dialog field. You will note the overlay scrollbar the subsequent time you open the browser utilizing this shortcut. To know the way the overlay scrollbar differs from the previous chunky scrollbar, take a look at the picture gallery under:
4. And if you need to see the overlay scrollbar in motion, test it out within the GIF under. As you possibly can see, the scrollbar doesn’t interrupt your shopping expertise till you hover over it, in contrast to the previous persistent scrollbar.
Get Overlay Scrollbar Utilizing Function Flag in Microsoft Edge
If you’re utilizing Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, or Canary builds from the Insider channel, you possibly can allow overlay scrollbar utilizing a function flag. Right here’s how:
1. Open the Edge browser in your PC, navigate to edge://flags and seek for ‘Home windows model overlay scrollbars’. As all the time, you possibly can paste the next direct hyperlink of the flag in Edge’s tackle bar to entry it shortly.
2. Set the flag as ‘Enabled’ from the drop-down menu subsequent to it and restart the browser.
3. You’ll begin seeing an overlay scrollbar in Microsoft Edge after restarting the browser.
In order that brings us to the tip of our fast information on learn how to allow overlay scrollbar on Edge. The steps to get began are simple, and also you not must tolerate the default chunky white scrollbar in Edge. If you happen to discovered this useful, don’t forget to examine our articles on the best Edge flags and best Edge tips and tricks to make use of Windows 11‘s native browser like a pro.
https://beebom.com/how-get-overlay-scrollbar-microsoft-edge/ | The right way to Get Overlay Scrollbar in Microsoft Edge [Two Methods]