If players notice a game is locked on their PlayStation 4 or PS5 console, there are several things they can do to fix it.
PS Plus appeared since PlayStation 3 days, allowing players to download free games every month. However, sometimes these titles can be locked and owners cannot play them on both PlayStation 4 and 5. There are ways to help unlock these locked games on both platforms.
How to unlock locked PS Plus games on PS4
If the player has downloaded any PlayStation Plus free games like new in 2022, it is likely that they encounter a locked symbol on one or more of their games. There are several things PS4 owners can do to try to unlock their locked PS Plus titles so they can be played again.
There are a few things players will want to check before trying anything else:
- Make sure your PlayStation Plus account’s billing is up to date. Once the PS Plus subscription has expired, any free-to-download titles will no longer be available.
- If PlayStation 4 is not the main PS4, accounts have PS Plus subscription is active will be the only ones able to access PS Plus games.
- Make sure there is no loss of life; under the Network selection in the PS4 menu, click PlayStation Network Viewing Status. If the network is down, players may not have access to their game and will have to wait until the network is back up.
- Check that PlayStation has an Internet connection.
If a player wants to use PlayStation Plus titles for free on an account that doesn’t have PS Plus, PS4 must be the primary console for the account with a PS Plus subscription. To make it the main PS4:
- Click Manage Accounts in the menu.
- Select “Activate as your primary PS4.”
- Once selected as Primary, select the “Restore License” option to unlock them all PS Plus Free Games.
How to unlock locked PS Plus games on PS5
When trying to unlock PS Plus games for PS5, players will want to check essentially the same items as for PS4, so they can play the best PS Plus games of 2021.
- Turn off the PS5 completely, then unplug it for about two minutes. This will reset the cache and will unlock any locked games that shouldn’t be.
- Make sure that the account the player logs into has an active PS Plus account.
- Make sure dashboard sharing is enabled by going to the Users and Accounts section of the menu, then clicking More. Once console sharing is enabled, click Restore license.
- In the Settings menu, click the Network button and check if there is Discontinued for PlayStation Network. Also, make sure that the PS5 is also connected to the internet.
The Epic Games Store offers a new free game and confirms the free game will launch next week on Thursday, January 20.
About the author
https://gamerant.com/ps-plus-how-to-fix-locked-games/ How to fix locked game