You can farm Vertebra Shackles using both offline and online methods. The best are as follows:
- Breeding Tomb Warden Skeletons in the Catacombs of Carthus (Offline Method)
- Invade and kill other players as a purple phantom (online method)
We give you detailed instructions for both methods below.
Breed Gravekeeper Skeletons (Offline Method)
The quickest way to collect Spine Shackles offline is to repeatedly kill Tomb Warden Skeletons in the Carthus Catacombs.
Before starting this method, you should find the right equipment to make farming as fast as possible.
It’s important that you equip gear that boosts your item discovery, the stat that controls how likely enemies are to drop rare items.
For a full rundown of gear that speeds up farming, check out our Dark Souls 3 farming guide.
Once you’ve put together a suitable build, warp to the Catacombs of Carthus Bonfire to get started.
From the bonfire, go straight to the corridor with the rolling skeleton ball.
If it is safe to do so, turn right and then left to enter a narrow corridor.
At the end of this corridor is a room with two Gravewarden skeletons, the objectives of the farm. Get their attention, then run back down the corridor of skeleton balls.
If you did it correctly, the skeletons will follow you down the corridor with the skeleton orb. Stay alive in this corridor until the ball returns and hits the skeletons, killing them with 1-2 hits.
When the skeletons are dead, loot their corpses and hope they dropped a Swirl Chain.
Once they’re looted, return to the bonfire and sit down to respawn the skeletons, ready for another run of the farm.
Kill players other than Purple Phantom (online method)
If you’re playing on consoles, you’ll have access to Dark Souls 3’s online features.
The quickest way to get Spine Shackles is to use these features to invade other players and kill them while taking the form of a purple phantom.
To become a purple phantom, you must join the Mound-makers Covenant and equip their promise. If you already have the Mound Maker Pledge, skip ahead to the section titled Ambush Other Players.
Joined the Mound-makers Covenant
There are two different ways to find the Moundmaker leader and collect their pledge.
Which method you use depends on whether or not you encountered the cursed-rotted Greatwood in the Undead Settlement.
If you haven’t fought Greatwood before, you can join the mound makers as follows:
- Jump to the Undead Settlement bonfire and follow the path through the dark house
- Turn right once you reach the group of prayer wells
- Before you reach the house in front of you, turn right to get onto a side path
- Take the upper path and climb the ladder at its end
- Go to the right edge of this roof to see a caged enemy below
- Drop down on the enemy and don’t hit them – they won’t attack you
- Run to the cage and interact to be teleported into a large cave
- Talk to the NPC at the edge of the cave to join the mound builders
- You will now receive the Mound-Makers Pledge
If you’ve already killed the Greatwood, joining the mound makers is much more complicated:
- Complete the quest line from Sirris of the Sunless Realms to Anor Londo
- Defeat Aldrich, Devourer of the Gods in Anor Londo
- Go to the Greatwood boss room and find Sirris’ summoning sign on the floor
- Interact with it to join her in killing Hodrick, an enemy NPC
- They will join the Covenant and receive the Promise upon Hodrick’s death
If you need a breakdown for the Sirris questline, you can find a detailed walkthrough on the Dark Souls 3 wiki.
intrusion into other players
Once you’ve obtained the Mound-makers Pledge, equip it to join the Covenant. Once you’ve joined the Alliance, you can invade other players’ worlds in search of Vertebra Shackles.
You need an item that will allow you to invade. The most popular item for this is the Red Eye Orb, which drops from the Darkwraith under the Tower on the Wall Bonfire in the High Wall of Lothric.
When the Pledge is equipped and the Red Eye Orb is in your quick menu, you can use the orb to start the invasion process.
Due to Dark Souls 3’s increasingly empty servers, this may take a while.
I recommend heading to Anor Londo or Irithyll for the best chance of finding a match.
Once you’ve successfully invaded another world, you’ll take the form of a purple phantom. To get a Vertebra Shackle you need to find the Host of Embers in this world and kill him.
This can be tricky, but with a decent physique and practice, you’ll be collecting Vertebra Bonds in no time.
https://www.fandomspot.com/ds3-vertebra-shackles-farming/ How to farm Swirl Shackles in Dark Souls 3 – FandomSpot