- If you wish to twin boot Home windows 11 and Home windows 7, word from the beginning that the brand new OS requires a TPM to work.
- Twin booting two Home windows methods is straightforward, and also you simply have to create a separate partition for the opposite working system.
- To correctly set up Home windows 11 after Home windows 7, be happy to affix the Home windows Insider Program.
Home windows 11 is an attention-grabbing working system certainly, however some customers are nonetheless reluctant to make the transition, whereas others are decided to use Windows 7 forever.
Nonetheless, in keeping with our survey, Windows 7 users are excited about Windows 11 and they may switch to it.
For those who’re prepared for this transformation as effectively, on this information we’re going to indicate you the right way to correctly twin boot Home windows 11 and Home windows 7 in your PC.
What are Home windows 11’s necessities?
- CPU: 1GHz or extra, 2 cores or extra, suitable 64-bit processor
- RAM: 4GB or extra
- Storage: 64GB or extra
- Firmware: UEFI, Safe Boot succesful
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module 2.0
- Graphics card: DirectX 12 suitable with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Show: 720p 9-inch show
Windows 11 requirements have been identified for some time, and lots of customers are sad as a result of Home windows 11 requires a TPM to work.
A lot of them reported getting the identical error saying This PC can’t run Windows 11 as a result of they don’t have the TPM chip put in. You’ll want to test our TPM and Windows 11 information for extra info.
Additionally, you will need to confirm in case your CPU is supported by Home windows 11 since some older processors received’t work with Home windows 11.
How can I twin boot Home windows 11 and Home windows 7?
1. Set up Home windows 7 after Home windows 11
Create a Home windows 7 partition in your PC
- Press Home windows Key + X and choose Disk Administration from the record.
- Choose the partition that has some additional house on it. You’ll want a partition that has no less than 20GB of free cupboard space, however extra space received’t harm.
- Proper-click the specified partition and select Shrink Quantity.
- Within the Enter the quantity of house to shrink in MB enter no less than 20000.
- Now click on the Shrink button.
- Unallocated house will now seem in Disk Supervisor. Proper-click it and select New Easy Quantity.
- Set the Easy quantity dimension in MB to the utmost worth that you would be able to. Now click on Subsequent.
- Then, set the label and the drive letter for the brand new partition.
- When you’re finished, click on on End.
Obtain Home windows 7 ISO and create a bootable drive
- Obtain Home windows 7 ISO.
- Join a USB flash drive to your PC.
- When you’ve downloaded the ISO file, download Rufus.
- Begin Rufus and choose your flash drive.
- Now click on on Choose and choose the Home windows 7 ISO file.
- Click on Begin to start out the method.
- When requested to format the drive, choose OK.
- Look ahead to the method to finish. It ought to take about 5 to 10 minutes.
Microsoft isn’t internet hosting Home windows 7 anymore, so that you’ll need to get it from a dependable third-party supply.
If in case you have Home windows 7 DVD you should utilize it to create an ISO file utilizing specialised software to convert files to ISO. Or in case you have a DVD drive, you should utilize the DVD to put in Home windows 7 immediately from it.
Boot from the Home windows 7 flash drive and set up Home windows 7
- Join the Home windows 7 flash drive that you just’ve created to your PC.
- Restart your PC and press the boot menu key. The important thing ought to be displayed in the course of the boot part. Now choose your USB flash drive from the record. If the important thing isn’t displayed, go to BIOS and set the flash drive as the primary boot gadget.
- Press any key as well from the flash drive.
- Choose the specified language and keyboard structure, then click on Subsequent.
- Click on on Set up now.
- Select Customized (superior).
- Choose the partition that you just created for Home windows 7. You’ll want to choose the right one or else you’ll overwrite your Home windows 11 set up.
- Wait whereas Home windows 7 installs.
- As soon as the set up is completed, choose Home windows 7 on the boot display.
- Enter your username and select how your required safety settings.
After doing that, you’ll be capable of twin boot Home windows 11 and Home windows 7 with none issues.
2. Set up Home windows 11 after Home windows 7
Create a devoted Window 11 partition
This course of is sort of equivalent to making a partition on Home windows 11, so we’ll preserve it transient.
- Press Home windows Key + R and enter diskmgmt.msc. Press Enter or click on OK.
- Find the partition that you just need to shrink, right-click it and select Shrink Quantity.
- Set the dimensions of the brand new partition from 50000-100000 or extra relying in your wants.
- Proper-click the unallocated house and select New Easy Quantity.
- Set the utmost dimension, select the label and the specified drive letter.
- As soon as the method is full, click on on End.
Create a bootable Home windows 10 drive
- Join an 8-16GB flash drive to your PC.
- Go to the Microsoft download page and click on on Obtain instrument now.
- As soon as the Media Creation Software is downloaded, run it.
- Choose Create set up media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for one more PC and click on Subsequent.
- Verify if the settings are appropriate. You possibly can alter them if wanted by unchecking Use the advisable choices for this PC.
- Choose USB flash drive.
- Look ahead to the method to finish. This would possibly take some time relying in your Web obtain pace.
- As soon as the method is completed, you’ll have Home windows 10 set up media prepared.
We’re utilizing Home windows 10 ISO since Home windows 11 ISO isn’t formally out there for obtain but.
Boot from the Home windows 10 set up media and set up Home windows 11
- Join the Home windows 10 bootable flash drive to your PC.
- Restart your PC and press the boot menu key. Now choose the flash drive as well from it. Alternatively, change the boot gadget in BIOS to your flash drive.
- Choose the specified language and click on on Set up now.
- Choose the model that you just need to set up and settle for the phrases of service.
- Then, choose Customized: Set up Home windows solely (superior).
- Choose the Home windows 11 drive that you just created. If you choose the flawed drive, you’ll lose your information and overwrite your Home windows 7 set up.
- The set up will now begin, so look ahead to it to complete. Then, you’ll have Home windows 10 working in your system.
Be a part of the Home windows Insider Program and set up Home windows 11
- When your PC restarts, choose Home windows 10.
- Now press Home windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Choose Replace & Safety.
- Navigate to Home windows Insider Program and click on the Get Began button.
- Click on Hyperlink an account and enter your Microsoft account credentials.
- Select Dev Channel and click on the Affirm button.
- Restart your PC and boot to Home windows 10 once more.
- Open the Settings app and go to Replace & Safety once more.
- Click on on Verify for updates button.
- Home windows will now obtain the Home windows 11 replace.
- As soon as the replace is downloaded, restart your PC and observe the directions on the display to put in it.
After doing that, the twin boot for Home windows 11 and Home windows 7 ought to be working with none issues.
Ought to I preserve utilizing Home windows 7?
Microsoft isn’t sustaining Home windows 7 for the reason that starting of 2020, so the system is outdated and susceptible. Nonetheless, you possibly can nonetheless preserve it protected utilizing Windows 7 antivirus software.
One other downside is that many builders aren’t making software program for Home windows 7 anymore, so your favourite apps won’t work on this OS.
As you possibly can see, Microsoft and different builders are able to drop it fully, so that you shouldn’t use it as your important working system.
This is perhaps the appropriate time to contemplate Home windows 11, however you must know that upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 7 will require a clean install.
How can I set the default working system if I exploit twin boot?
- Press Home windows Key + R and enter msconfig. Press Enter.
- Navigate to the Boot part.
- Choose the working system that you just need to use as default and click on the Set as default button.
- Now click on Apply and OK to save lots of modifications.
- After doing that, you’ll all the time boot to the default working system.
We hope that you just discovered this information informative and that you just managed to twin boot Home windows 11 and Home windows 7 with none issues in your PC.
Understand that Home windows 7 isn’t supported anymore, and also you shouldn’t use it as your on a regular basis working system, however you possibly can get pleasure from it in twin boot mode, particularly in order for you it to run older functions or video games.
Are you going to twin boot your PC or do you propose to change to Home windows 11? Tell us within the feedback part under.
Begin a dialog
https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-dual-boot-windows-7/ | How one can twin boot Home windows 11 and Home windows 7