Home windows 11 brings many forward-looking modifications over its predecessor, and it features a revamped UI, native Android app support, a redesigned Begin Menu and Settings app, and extra. Nevertheless, customers appear to be combating the brand new UI and design parts, with lots of them asking learn how to change the date and time in Microsoft’s new OS. If that’s why you’re right here, relaxation assured, we’ve bought you lined. On this article, we are going to present learn how to change the date and time settings in Home windows 11.
Change Date and Time in Home windows 11 (2021)
We’ve got already lined the Home windows 11 launch in nice element, together with its myriad of new features, differences with Windows 10, and learn how to customize the Start Menu and taskbar in your PC. As we speak’s information is a little more elementary, insofar as everybody utilizing a Home windows 11 machine might want to change the date and time setting at some stage. So with out additional ado, let’s be taught how one can change the date and time in Home windows 11.
4 Strategies to Change Date and Time in Home windows 11
With Home windows 10, Microsoft launched a brand new solution to change date and time via the Settings menu, and the strategy can be accessible in Home windows 11. Nevertheless, you can even the change date and time in Home windows 11 the old style method – the way it was in Home windows 7/8/8.1 and earlier variations of the OS. We are going to exhibit all of the strategies on this article. We may even present you learn how to change the date and time formatting in Home windows 11.
Methodology 1: Change Date and Time Via Settings
Altering the date and time via Settings might be the best method to do this in Home windows 11. Right here’s how:
- Proper-click on the clock icon on the bottom-right nook of your taskbar and choose ‘Modify date and time‘.
Word: You may also entry the identical date and time adjustment possibility from Settings (Home windows key + I) -> Time and Language -> Date and Time.
- Within the ‘Date and Time’ settings window, you may both keep on with the default setting to set time and date routinely or manually set the date and time in your Home windows 11 PC. To go for the handbook possibility, flip off the toggle for ‘Set time routinely‘. Then, hit the ‘Change‘ button subsequent to ‘Set the date and time manually’.
- Within the subsequent window, set the date and time utilizing the drop-down menus, after which click on ‘Change’ to substantiate.
That’s it. You may have efficiently modified the date and time settings in your Home windows 11 PC.
Change Time and Date Format Via Settings
Alongside the precise date and time, you can even change the date and time format from the Settings panel in Home windows 11. Right here’s the way it works:
- Navigate to ‘Settings > Time and Language‘, as described earlier. Now on the appropriate pane, click on on the ‘Language and Area‘ tile.
- On the Language and Area settings web page, click on on ‘Regional format‘ . Now, on the drop-down panel, hit the ‘Change codecs‘ button.
- You’ll now have the ability to change the time and date codecs. For date, you may select from dd/mm/yy, mm/dd/yy, and several other different choices, whereas for time, you may select between 12-hour (AM/PM) or 24-hour clock. To alter any possibility, click on on the drop-down menu subsequent to it and make your choice.
Methodology 2: Change Date and Time by way of Management Panel
Altering the date and time of your PC via the Management Panel is an age-old possibility in Home windows. It’s nonetheless accessible in Home windows 11, and right here’s how you utilize it:
- Firstly, open Management Panel in your Home windows 11 pc. To try this, seek for ‘management’ (with out quotes) within the Home windows search bar and choose ‘Management Panel‘ from the outcomes.
- Within the Management Panel, be sure you use the (small or massive) ‘Icons’ view. Then, choose ‘Date and Time‘.
- On the pop-up window, click on on ‘Change date and time’.
- On the subsequent web page, you may change the date by clicking on the right date, whereas the time will be modified utilizing the tiny up and down arrows beneath the analog clock. Hit ‘OK‘ as soon as you’re performed.
Change Time and Date Format by way of Management Panel
Earlier than Home windows 10, the Settings possibility was not accessible in Home windows, so just about each setting needed to be modified via the Management Panel. So, in fact, you can even change the date and time format utilizing this methodology. Right here’s how:
- To alter the date and time format, transfer to ‘Management Panel -> Date and Time -> Change date and time‘ as described earlier. Then, click on on ‘Change calendar settings‘
- Right here, you need to use the drop-down menus to pick the time format and date format. As soon as you’re performed, click on ‘Apply‘ or ‘OK‘ to avoid wasting your modifications.
Methodology 3: Change Time and Date Utilizing PowerShell
One little-known methodology of fixing the date and time in Home windows is thru PowerShell. It’s not as intuitive because the strategies described above, however we really feel it is best to nonetheless understand how to do this nonetheless. So right here’s how one can change the information and time in your Home windows 11 PC utilizing Home windows PowerShell:
- First, open Home windows PowerShell in Admin mode in your PC. To try this, seek for ‘powershell’ within the Home windows search bar and click on Run as Administrator.
- Within the PowerShell window, you need to use one single command to vary each date and time in a single go:
Set-Date -Date "dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM AM"or
Set-Date -Date "dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM PM"relying on whether or not it’s morning or night.
- For instance, we are going to use the next command to set the date to October 1st, 2021 and the time to six:00 PM on our Home windows 11 PC:
Set-Date -Date "01/10/2021 6:00 PM". For twenty-four-hour format, omit the AM/PM parameter. As an alternative, use the next syntax:
Set-Date -Date "01/10/2021 18:00"
Word: Whether or not it is best to use dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy will rely on the format you’ve already set by way of Settings or Management Panel.
Methodology 4: Change Date and Time Utilizing Command Immediate
The ultimate possibility on our record is the great previous Command Immediate. You should utilize the command line device to vary the date and time in Home windows 11. Right here’s what the method seems like:
- Open a Command Immediate window in Admin mode. To try this, seek for ‘cmd‘ (with out quotes) within the Home windows search bar and click on ‘Run as Administrator‘.
- To set a brand new date, use the next command:
date dd/mm/yyyy. Once more, I’m utilizing dd/mm as a result of my PC is about up that method, however if you’re following the mm/dd format, use that within the Command Immediate. You possibly can change it to mm/dd utilizing both of the primary two strategies described above. For instance, to vary the date to October 1st, 2021, we use the next command:
- To alter the time, kind the command
time HH:MMwithin the Command Immediate window and hit Enter. After all, change HH and MM with the right hour and minute, both within the 12-hr or 24-hr format. For instance, to vary the time to 06:10 AM, we are going to use the command:
time 06:10. To alter the time to six:10 PM, we are going to use the command:
time 6:10 PM
Sync Your PC With World Servers to Mechanically Modify Date and Time
To sync the date and time in your Home windows 11 PC with Microsoft’s international servers, comply with the steps beneath:
- Go to ‘Management Panel -> Date and Time‘ as described in Methodology 2. Now, navigate to the ‘Web Time‘ tab and click on the ‘Change settings‘ button.
- On the subsequent pop-up, choose your most popular server from the drop-down menu. Lastly, click on on ‘Replace now‘. The time and date will each synchronize inside a second or two.
Word: If you wish to set the time manually, flip off the check-box subsequent to ‘Synchronize with an web time server‘ and hit ‘OK‘ to avoid wasting your setting (see screenshot above).
Simply Change Clock and Calendar Settings on Your PC
You possibly can comply with the steps on this tutorial to vary the time and date settings in Home windows 11 with ease. So go forward, repair the date and time in your pc, and tell us in the event you discover the strategies intuitive sufficient. Or, do you suppose Microsoft ought to make it simpler to vary the clock settings within the subsequent model of Home windows? If you are at it, take a look at a few of our different Home windows 11 tutorials, together with learn how to change power mode settings in Windows 11 and change administrator in Windows 11.
https://beebom.com/change-date-time-windows-11/ | Methods to Change Date and Time in Home windows 11 [Four Methods]