Congratulations, everybody! You have made it to Friday. Give your self a pat on the again — particularly if you happen to one way or the other began the Dolphins D/ST in your fantasy staff — and prepare for an enormous weekend of sports activities forward.
Please test the opt-in field to acknowledge that you just want to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Control your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Let’s check out the largest storylines proper now.
Good morning to everybody however particularly to…
ODELL BECKHAM JR. AND THE LOS ANGELES RAMS
Out in Los Angeles, the wealthy received richer as the Rams added Odell Beckham Jr. to what’s a fully loaded roster. It is the newest transfer to sign they’re championship-or-bust, in accordance with our NFL professional Bryan DeArdo:
- DeArdo: “Beckham is becoming a member of a Rams staff that’s going all-in on this season. The Rams, who’re at the moment 7-2 and one sport again of the Cardinals for the AFC West division lead, lately traded to amass future Corridor of Fame move rusher Von Miller. Miller will make his Los Angeles debut on Sunday whereas becoming a member of a protection that features three-time Defensive Participant of the 12 months Aaron Donald and All-Professional cornerback Jalen Ramsey.”
Everybody on Twitter — LeBron James included — weighed in when news broke, however now the query is the way it all comes collectively. The Rams’ offense is averaging 29 factors per sport this season — third within the NFL — and Matthew Stafford has developed a powerful relationship with Cooper Kupp. How sturdy? Kupp is the primary participant with 1,000+ receiving yards and 10+ receiving touchdowns via 9 video games since Jerry Rice in 1990.
- DeArdo: “The perfect-case situation for Los Angeles is that Beckham can do for them what Antonio Brown did for the Buccaneers throughout his first season in Tampa Bay. Brown not solely complemented the Buccaneers’ receiving corps throughout Tampa Bay’s Super Bowl run, he additionally served as Tom Brady’s main choice on a number of events. Brown capped off his first season with the Buccaneers with a landing catch in Tremendous Bowl LV.”
Honorable point out
- File this within the “it’s a must to see it to consider it” class. UC Riverside’s JP Moorman II nailed a 70-foot buzzer beater to stun Arizona State late final evening. It was the primary time the Highlanders have ever crushed the Solar Devils. And no, I can’t clarify why Arizona State tried to steal the inbounds move. Just enjoy the video.
And never such a very good morning for…
THE BALTIMORE RAVENS — AND EVERYONE WHO STAYED UP TO WATCH THEM LOSE
Thursday evening’s contest between the Ravens and Dolphins — eventually won by Miami 22-10 — was one of many strangest video games I’ve seen shortly. I assume that makes it an ideal Thursday evening sport: one all of us remorse staying up for (and this explicit one lasted FOREVER).
Listed here are some “highlights”:
- This was the fifth sport this season through which neither staff scored a landing within the first half.
- Jacoby Brissett began the sport for Miami as Tua Tagovailoa continues to cope with a fractured finger. Brissett appeared to get injured within the third quarter however then appeared like he was truly able to re-enter the sport. As an alternative, Miami head coach Brian Flores inserted Tagovailoa. Tagovailoa wasn’t wholesome sufficient to begin, however a number of hours later he was wholesome sufficient to play. I am nonetheless confused.
- The plain large spotlight of this sport was Dolphins offensive lineman Robert Hunt catching a screen pass, making a defender miss and diving toward the end zone. The one downside? He wasn’t an eligible receiver. A play that didn’t rely (and resulted in a penalty) was far and away essentially the most memorable a part of the sport, which ought to inform you about how this sport went.
I will definitely give credit score the place credit score is due: The Dolphins’ protection stepped up in a serious approach, taking part in as much as its preseason expectations. Tagovailoa performed nicely, regardless of his mysterious damage. In a span of 5 days, Miami has gone from 1-7 to 3-7.
However make no mistake, this was a missed alternative for the Ravens, who have been coming off a powerful comeback this previous weekend towards Minnesota. Does anybody need the No. 1 seed within the AFC?
Pete Prisco’s NFL picks for Week 10 💸
Pete Prisco is right here to make you cash, plain and easy. Getting into Week 10, he was 15 video games over .500 towards the unfold this 12 months, sporting a 74-59-3 document.
Listed here are his picks for 2 of the highest video games this week:
Browns at Patriots: “The Browns are taking part in back-to-back highway video games and put so much into profitable a giant division sport final week at Cincinnati. The Patriots are again residence for the primary time in three weeks after profitable two highway video games. Their protection is taking part in significantly better and they’ll do a stable job of placing the sport on Baker Mayfield with the likelihood Nick Chubb is out. Mac Jones will do sufficient on offense to get the victory. Choose: Patriots 27, Browns 21″
Seahawks at Packers: “Russell Wilson is again for the Seahawks and Aaron Rodgers needs to be. That can make this a enjoyable offensive sport to observe. The Packers protection, although, is getting higher by the week. I believe they’ll play nicely after dropping final week and Rodgers can have a area day in his return. Choose: Packers 31, Seahawks 24″
Cam Newton is again with the Panthers 🏈
No must photoshop a jersey this time: Cam Newton is returning to the Carolina Panthers on a one-year deal. Newton spent the primary 9 seasons of his profession with Carolina, rewriting the franchise’s document ebook earlier than spending the 2020 season with the Patriots. He was launched this offseason after Mac Jones gained the beginning quarterback job in New England.
The Newton addition comes simply days after starter Sam Darnold headed to IR with a fractured scapula. P.J. Walker will get the beginning this weekend at Arizona, however Newton might take over as early as Week 11, when Washington — led by Newton’s former coach in Carolina, Ron Rivera — involves city.
So far as fantasy implications go, Newton does have some upside and he might assist these round him, writes our fantasy expert Chris Towers.
- Towers: “He has loads of attraction on his personal — his speeding makes him a possible top-12 QB by itself — but when Newton can simply be someplace north of abysmal, that is an improve over what the Panthers have proper now.”
Is Rob Manfred’s job in peril? The reply is… ⚾
There may be one factor that Manfred might do this could damage his job security, although, writes our MLB professional Dayn Perry:
- Perry: “The one approach he might lose his job is by dropping cash for house owners. … and the concept that he’d pressure via an settlement that is to not the liking of most house owners is far-fetched within the excessive (he additionally has an in depth background in labor negotiations, together with throughout his time as considered one of Selig’s lieutenants). You’ll be able to guess something Manfred does towards advancing an settlement can have the imprimatur of the house owners upon it.”
What we’re watching this weekend
⚽ World Cup qualifying: USA vs Mexico, 9:10 p.m. on ESPN 2 | Our soccer guru Roger Gonzalez has three things to watch forward of a pivotal World Cup qualifier.
🏀 No. 4 Villanova at No. 2 UCLA (-4.5), 11:30 p.m. on ESPN 2 | It is a late tip however an important matchup between two of the nation’s greatest groups.
🏈 No. 8 Oklahoma (-5.5) at No. 13 Baylor, 12 p.m. on FOX | The Huge 12’s Faculty Soccer Playoff possibilities could lie within the arms of the Sooners, who might use a top quality win right here to spice up their resume.
🏈 No. 1 Georgia at Tennessee, 3:30 p.m. on CBS | The Bulldogs look to complete SEC play undefeated for the primary time since 1982.
🏈 No. 19 Purdue at No. 4 Ohio State (-21), 3:30 p.m. on ABC | Purdue has already crushed No. 2 Iowa and No. 3 Michigan State this season. Is No. 4 Ohio State subsequent?
🏀 No. 5 Texas at No. 1 Gonzaga (-7.5), 10:30 p.m. on ESPN 2 | Texas has by no means crushed an AP No. 1 staff.
🏈 Chiefs (-2.5) at Raiders, 8:20 p.m. on NBC | All 4 AFC West groups are over .500. This can be a large one for each Kansas Metropolis and Las Vegas.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/information/how-odell-beckham-jr-will-fit-into-the-rams-offense-plus-what-is-happening-to-the-ravens/ | How Odell Beckham Jr. will match into the Rams’ offense, plus what is going on to the Ravens?